• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

jeff,s enchanter resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done with all 36 pages, yikes. Great work indeed. One question is that Cabosil your using is that ready to go straight out of the container or do you mix it with something?

Just got done with all 36 pages, yikes. Great work indeed. One question is that Cabosil your using is that ready to go straight out of the container or do you mix it with something?

cabosil is a powder mixer that can be mixed with resin. i am using epoxy and it thickens nicely...havent done any polyester resin...not sure how the cabosil and poly work together...

the cabosil comes by volume as it has no real weight to it.... To get it peanut butter like consistency its almost 1 to 1 in volume...so another words, 32 oz of resin could eat up 32 oz by volume of cabosil...depends on the hardener and your desired thickness...

your correct...there are, i am sanding the whole boat for new paint...dont seem to have ant wax issues??

No first hand experience, but have been told many times to make sure to wash the boat good, use a de-waxer, then wash again to try and get all the wax out of the gel coat before sanding so it does't get sanded "into" the gel causing paint problems down the road. :confused:

No first hand experience, but have been told many times to make sure to wash the boat good, use a de-waxer, then wash again to try and get all the wax out of the gel coat before sanding so it does't get sanded "into" the gel causing paint problems down the road. :confused:

not sure how that would happen with the proper sanding and cleaning with acetone...but then again this is no normal sanding...and the red color is not gel-coat....:lol:

just waiting for the p-77 to set up....the starboard side is filled with cabosil first as we had a 1/2 hook...the port was minor so started with the p-77...will be building the strakes to a sharp edge....and heres a pic of my new tool...a modified in-line sander...I call it the OG...:banana:

Attachments

• blue print epoxy 008.jpg
    blue print epoxy 008.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 56
  • blue print epoxy 009.jpg
    blue print epoxy 009.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 54
  • blue print epoxy 010.jpg
    blue print epoxy 010.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 51
just waiting for the p-77 to set up....the starboard side is filled with cabosil first as we had a 1/2 hook...the port was minor so started with the p-77...will be building the strakes to a sharp edge....and heres a pic of my new tool...a modified in-line sander...I call it the OG...:banana:
ive got a manual one of those...3 ft hook and loop paper,want to use it?

Jeff , are you using the reddish brown cream hardner and please do not take this the wrong way but did you center that board ( ply )on the in-line sander / file board ....and if so cool .................& are you going to use guide coat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back