• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Anyone have a Pic?

rhino1653

Gents--I'm looking high and low trying to find a picture of a zt280 sporting a bimini. I'm gonna break down and go function over fashion this year, but am having a hell of a time deciding on style/length/height/etc. Anyone hook me up?

Don't think I have seen one on a ZT. A few convincors have them. If you don't want to run with it up, most run the anchor shad.

Thats what i was getting at, I have an anchor shade and love it. Quick to set up lots of shade and breaks down to be pretty small for storage. Never have been under way with it though.

Not sure how much i would have it up while under power but I would like the option. You have any pictures of your anchorshade up Keith? All the pictures I seem to find online are on pontoons.

Will a 261 do?

Here are a couple of my boat. Might give you an idea. I have run up to around 40-45 mph with bimini up. This one came with the boat. Aluminum frame and lightweight. Have had no problems.

Attachments

• P1000689.JPG
    P1000689.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 64
  • P1000690.JPG
    P1000690.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 72
Thanks man. That gives me a general idea. Do you know what the dimensions are on yours? Like front to back length/height from mount to highest point?

I do not, but I can get some measurements if you need them. Boat is in the shop for skeg/prop repair (dang shallow water) and I hope to get it back tomorrow. I can measure it on the ground and give you some basic numbers on the top itself. Let me know if you need info with it on the boat, like how much cockpit coverage, height from the gunnels or floor, etc.

I was not very enthused about a bimini top for my boat, but after using it a couple of times, it is really nice to get out of the Texas sun in July.

Don't think I have seen one on a ZT. A few convincors have them. If you don't want to run with it up, most run the anchor shad.

I've read alot of reviews. I would love to save the money and buy an AnchorShade, but I've read that they are disposable after any wind over 10MPH hits them. I'm in windy Oklahoma where an average summer day show winds 15-20MPH while sitting still. Kinda worried that it would be a wasted investment. Anyone have a picture of an anchorshade up on a Convincor/ZT?

That looks pretty good. Is that yours? Any idea how it holds up to wind?
Its TJIndy280's boat. 1999 ZT280. Every boat in that pic uses the anchor shade and they all love them. I know you cant run with them up but they require no holes drilled and can be tucked away when not in use.

I know a lot of guys do not like the bimini tops here but I might put one on my enchanter since that is the boat the kids will be on the most. I plan on using it to teach them to ski and tube so there will be lots of running at speeds under 25mph so the bimini would work best.

We use the Anchor Shade a few times per season and it is good for keeping the sun off of you.

I do not particularly like the idea of leaving it up under power, but I suppose it would hold up for a short while.

:offtopic: but, YF, your signature is quite disturbing. Did I miss that thread? Can you say banned? WTF is going on around here???

HD

I have a Anchor Shade....and I hate it...if someone farts it blows over..plus the pole is always in the way...I amtrying to find a good place to buy a bimini top now...just my two cents

Back