• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

71 mx-15 restoration and build

youwont56

Hi every one I'm somewhat new to the site iv been on here reading a lot and learning. thanks for posting your work. I have been working on my 71 mx-15 since June and have been taking pictures to share I only have my phone so it's not to easy but any how I redid the floor and transom so far working on seat placement now and working on the top any how looking forward sharing my work with all of you. Once I figure out to load pictures.

upload to a site like photbucket the copy and paste the img link into the reply

attachment.php

Attachments

• postpictures.jpg
    postpictures.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 343
Well I figured out how to upload pictures this is where I am at with my mx-15. I will upload the pictures that got me to this point later. hop you can follow. the floor is 3/8 ply fiberglass on both sides with 3/8 mahogany on top of that. witch will be epoxied in and totally incased in epoxy. then varnished and where there is not wood there will be carpet. the transom bracing is mahogany as well. I still have to epoxy in the guests. the seats I just kind of winged it and I think they came out well. there 3/8 ply on the bottom and 1/4 maple ply for the back witch will be epoxied and varnished also. so the nice plywood will be visible on the back of the seat and the inside will be upholstered. if you can picture that. Im also going to lay up some fiberglass on the inside to stiffen it up because it's kinda flimsy with all the cref cuts so it was easy to bend. But first I'm going to fill them in with epoxy so there is no gap behind the fiberglass. the transom is two layers of 3/4 ply witch both layers of plywood were incased in fiberglass befor they were glued together.

Back