• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

It's been a long time

legend

Hello, I am new to the site. I am what you would call an 80's Checkmate fan. In 85 to 87 I worked for a Checkmate dealer in Eastlake Ohio. I was 19 years old and ordered a 24 Enforcer with a 260 I/0. Should have got the big block but I built it up a little and away I went. I grew up around offshore racing and had to try it out. After that first race I ended up building and racing larger boats up to 1995 and stayed in the marine Industry for 29 years. I started watching powerboat racing in the 70's and always saw this aluminum 40 ft. boat the Rascal in the Greatlakes races and said someday I want to sit in that boat and look it over. Now I own it but I still have a big space in my heart for that first new boat I bought. A69 Enforcer.

I will have to figure out how to post pictures to this site.

:welcome:To the forum. You gotta post some pics of those rides! We live for visuals on this sight,

Welcome :cheers:
Jet

Me too me too . Love to see old pics and vids of Checkmates. With your experience I think you would be a good resource. I have found a few around here.:bigthumb:

Hi Legend,

Thanks for coming over from the OSO board. I really enjoyed your stories and pixs of GLOPBRA in the 80-90s on OSO. I'm sure the guys on here will enjoy seeing shots of your Enforcer raceboat and your current Rascal project.

SCT

Last edited:
How do I post pictures with URL/

Thanks Checkmate Nation, One question. How do I post URL/ pictures?

upload to a site like photobucket the copy and paste the img link into the reply make sure you hit enter between each paste that way your pictures end up on top of one another and not in a long line.

attachment.php

Last edited:
or used the advance reply and select manage attachment

attachment.php

then either browse to the picture on your computer or enter the url and hit upload.

attachment.php

this way allows you to post up too three pictures at a time.

Attachments

• managed attachment.jpg
    managed attachment.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 25
  • managed attachment2.jpg
    managed attachment2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 25
Back