• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Richie' Persuader

so far I have taken the interior completely out and took off all the trim exept the windshield which I plan on having powder coated at the end of the season. So now it mostly color sanding and buffing with a couple coats of wax and all new stainless rail stanchions. scrub the interior and spit shine the engine and bilge. Once i have her looking pretty I will replace all the maintenance stuff in the drive. Bellows,gimbal bearing,broken trim swicthrs, water hose and pickup impeller, then fresh oil. plugs wires cap rotor oil and filter than I should be good to go. I will post pics as I go along.

Attachments

• null-1915.jpg
    null-1915.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 51
  • null-2215.jpg
    null-2215.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 44
Looks great! If you want to retint the windshield since it seems to be turning purple I can give you the name of a place that sells high end pro grade tint that won't fade.

Thanks guys. I already have a guy who does my tint but like I said I am just going to take it off for now because it looks crappy. I will get it done a little lighter next season along with the powdercoating of the frame.

I had my windshield tinted by the best shop in my area and they recommended I use black vinyl on the exterior of my lexan radius corners for them to lifetime warranty it and nobody has ever noticed it is not tint. Worked out well but could be considered one heck of a blind spot to some. I usually look over mine while driving unless im just in a no wake than I kick back and cruise. Enjoy your new boat Rich.

Finally finished polishing the boat today and gave it a quick bath to get the dust and compound out and snap a few pics, Tommorrow ill start on the interior rug band bilge.

Attachments

• null-2213.jpg
    null-2213.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 34
  • null-2129.jpg
    null-2129.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 43
That polished out great. Send pics to the previous owner and show him how he could have charged a few more $$$$ with a little elbow grease.

Back