• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Fastest Starflite on the site??

JUPITER PULSARE

Ok, how fast is your Flite/Starliner and what is your setup??

I'm just beginning to dial in my Starflite but so far 78mph with a Mercury Pro XB250 at 11.5" of setback, propshaft dead even with the bottom, Trophy Plus 27 @ 5700-5800 rpm...

Attachments

• 20150308_143043.jpg
    20150308_143043.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20150308_142928.jpg
    20150308_142928.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG1348.jpg
    IMAG1348.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I remember seeing one on here that had a big V8 Johnson that was built up that was running in the upper 80's. I'm not sure if he is still an active member or not.

His motor was so highly ported and over propped he had to get towed on plane. lolz

Yes it is, I had my GF tow me with her Sea Doo. It mainly applied some downward force on the bow to help get the hull leveled out. It planed out very fast with the help. ;) I let go of the rope and made a few passes.

BTW Jupiter I thought I read the previous owner of your boat claimed he went 82-84 with that motor, correct?

His motor was so highly ported and over propped he had to get towed on plane. lolz

Yes it is, I had my GF tow me with her Sea Doo. It mainly applied some downward force on the bow to help get the hull leveled out. It planed out very fast with the help. ;) I let go of the rope and made a few passes.

BTW Jupiter I thought I read the previous owner of your boat claimed he went 82-84 with that motor, correct?

He quoted 82mph but it had to be a handful to drive. The bypass valve on the SeaStar 1.7 helm allows the fluid to pass at speeds approaching 75mph which makes it near impossible to balance the boat on the V pad bottom. I'm constantly steering to the right trying to keep the boat running straight instead of focusing on balancing the boat on the pad. The motor is also deep and needs to be raised to the next set of holes on the clamp. My propshaft is dead even with the bottom of the boat and I have 25lb of water pressure. It's dial in time and seat time now. I expect mid 80's when all is done...

About ten or more years ago there was a guy up in area (Livonia) he had his starflite up to 91ish with a first generation 300 and a lot of prop testing. Can't remember his moniker thou. He was a real tech head.

Last edited:

Gorgeous Starflite.

I put a level on the bottom of my Starliner last weekend for the first time and now have more work to do :lol:
On top of removing the foam from the bow.

Hey Mark
Just the guy i wanted to talk to

Remember me with the starflite, asked you a 1,000 questions regarding the TRO4

Well time gas come im repowering. 250 pro xs gen 2 lower

Wantd some insight regarding that lower. I hear its very “picky” about setback etc

And prop ideas running 26” setback tro4 pitch with a 225 or 250 pro xs. Have both in my sights

Thanks
Tom

Haha... I am probably not the guy to ask about Merc lowers. Maybe a Merc guy will chime in. I can tell you that the Starflite likes a 250. Without the pad of the Pulsare they need that extra kick to get them out of the water and pull decent numbers. 26" of setback? Seriously? Show us a pic!

Setback is calculated from the drain plug, end V hull or pad. the starflite has a 6” recess setback from the transom. I only have a 10” “jackplate” setback.
Check out the post on BBC forum

Well the 250 vs 225 same motor, weight etc. 225 is just tuned down for regulations. Hemce the introduction of the Gen2 lower unit with the “wings”

Attachments

• IMG_1061.jpeg
    IMG_1061.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 8
Got it. I misunderstood.
Hopefully some of the Merc guys will jump in. I am not at all familiar with those gearcases. Should be a fun with the new power.
I really miss my Starliner. I still have the Diplomat though. 40yrs old this year and in perfect condition. I use auto ceramic coating to keep it from oxidizing. That has been my biggest challenge with the metal flake.

When all was said and done, my old Starflite ran 82mph GPS with a full tank and one person on board!

1711648746962.png

Attachments

• 1990 Starflite.jpg
    1990 Starflite.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 5
Back