• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

'74 Blue Metallic MX-16

NC-88

uc

Bought this 74 Checkmate last weekend. I am brand new to boating, but once I heard "inline 6 2 stroke" not much else mattered. I bought it from the shop manager at Guttenberg IA Marine center, so am fairly confident this thing was restored properly. He thought it was a skimate, but I'm not seeing where Checkmate made a skimate in '74...gotta be a mx-16??

Details (from seller): 20 Gal aluminum fuel tank up front. Tower of Power rebuilt with wsm pistons, mercury reed sport valves, heads resurfaced -000.20 in, compression 150 psi across the board +/-5psi. Carbs rebuilt. New fiberglass and wood floor, new wiring and white fara gauges, tach, speed, and fuel. New black carpet, seats, upholstery. Ski tower.

From what I can tell this thing should be ready to rock. The bilge pump is just sitting on floor, I'm guessing that should be mounted rigid?

I'll have more pics soon, I'll get some of the transom/engine/battery box area and you guys let me know what you think. Thanks!

Someone spent allot of time getting/keeping that gelcoat shining like that, looks good.

Sharp boat man!!!! Nothing beat metal flake!!!

Oh yeah... Welcome to the wonderful world of boating!!!

Welcome fellow MXer. That's a beauty. Looks very solid with some nice modifications. Much nicer than my blue flake 74.:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_4779.jpg
    IMG_4779.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 14
uc

Bought this 74 Checkmate last weekend. I am brand new to boating, but once I heard "inline 6 2 stroke" not much else mattered. I bought it from the shop manager at Guttenberg IA Marine center, so am fairly confident this thing was restored properly. He thought it was a skimate, but I'm not seeing where Checkmate made a skimate in '74...gotta be a mx-16??

Details (from seller): 20 Gal aluminum fuel tank up front. Tower of Power rebuilt with wsm pistons, mercury reed sport valves, heads resurfaced -000.20 in, compression 150 psi across the board +/-5psi. Carbs rebuilt. New fiberglass and wood floor, new wiring and white fara gauges, tach, speed, and fuel. New black carpet, seats, upholstery. Ski tower.

From what I can tell this thing should be ready to rock. The bilge pump is just sitting on floor, I'm guessing that should be mounted rigid?

I'll have more pics soon, I'll get some of the transom/engine/battery box area and you guys let me know what you think. Thanks!

are you from guttenburg if so your noit very far from me at all i was wondering how long this boat would be for sale glad to see someone on the forum with it

Welcome to the forum. If I'm not mistaken you have a friend named Cody that was also telling you about my boat. Looks like you found a nice rig, congrats.

Back