• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Adam's Strobe 201 Restoration

Here is the old and new power steering racks

Attachments

• POWER STEERING OLD.jpg
    POWER STEERING OLD.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Power steering new.jpg
    Power steering new.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 32
I took the boat out last weekend and it ran mint.............except that at wide open throttle she would overheat. If you backed off and ran below 4k rpm it would cool down and run great again.

I pulled the thermostat and it was the original one from 27 years ago:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

I replaced the thermostat this weekend and flushed out the block. Took it out and she ran GREAT. 58 mph at 4600 rpm and stayed under 170 degrees:D

Then I took the oldest out for a celebratory ride!!!

I still have a lot more to go but she should be good enough to use through the summer while I keep chipping away.

It also looks like the port exhaust riser has a restriction as it is running much hotter then the starboard and steams after a hard run but it still runs and I will hopefully stave that replacement off until next winter.

Attachments

• 20160529_122902.jpg
    20160529_122902.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 33
It also looks like the port exhaust riser has a restriction as it is running much hotter then the starboard and steams after a hard run..
Probably has some baked in mud/crud/crap. Is there a drain hole on the bottom of the riser anywhere? I used to need to rod out the one on my old 165 Mercruiser every season. Might be able to get in there with a length of wire and do some probing/flushing.

Boy looks happy-happy!

I got my rear seat back from the upholstery shop!!!! I had rebuilt the seat frames and brought them to Shoreline Marine in Meredith NH. Ashley, the owner, is phenomenal to work with and did an excellent job. I couldn't be happier with the result. I plan on rebuilding the front seats this fall and bringing them to her to have them re-upholstered to match the rears.

Attachments

• 20160703_172146.jpg
    20160703_172146.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 34
Back