• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

251 convincor

wtanner

Hey all, just wondering where I should be speed wise. Just bought boat, upgraded from an Exciter. Got about 12 hours behind wheel, still trying to get used to how far I can trim up.
I'm currently getting about 54gps, around 4 grand, spinning a 22 bravo, was told gearcase is a 1.36. Stock 95 7.4 bravo. Am I in the ballpark?
When trimming up boat starts to feel "loose" in the stern, And with some play in my steering tiller I'm sure is not helping.
Just purchased a Mayfair full hydraulic setup, just have to rig it up.

you are a little low RPM wise, should spin 4200-4600, prop is about right, I would do a compression test, sounds like down on power, should be a little faster

How much would a 1.36 drive affect it! Engine was replaced, although I have not done a compression test, there does not appear to be any blowby, and oil is clean clean clean! And runs like a top. That is speed with almost no trim up. I feel when I start trimming up quite a bit at speed stern of boat felt like it wanted to slide out to right

The 1.36 drive ratio definitely makes a difference. My boat is about the same with a 1.5 drive ratio and if I run a 22 Bravo I am doing 50 at 4000 RPM's. My 454 will turn that prop to 5000 with the 1.5 and I am only getting 57 MPH. So, your RPM's are a little low, but I think your engine is running very well.

Back