• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Small world indeed...

Diplomat82

Just got back from Arizona where we participated in my wife’s dad’s fourth wedding...yep he is a character for sure.

Anyway got to talking about when he use to live and boat around Grosse Isle Michigan and come to find out him and his friends use to hangout with Sammy from Action Marine. They had nothing but great things to say about Sammy and some of the not so legal things they did back in the day. Still shaking my head. Anyway Kurt and John says “Yo” to Sammy!

I hear Dat, my dad has been married 3 times. This time it’s been 25 yrs, but starting in the 70’s and thru 80’s for a quite unassuming guy, he sure tore that ***** up. (Heard it was his dancing). At 82, he’s still my best friend.
But anyways, if I had a dollar for every time I circled that damn island in the past 30 yrs I’d have the ZT down at Kunkle’s having it pro-charged and hyd steering in stalled.
I’ve always said I was 1 generation late, bought my first mate in 90 and Sammie closed his doors around 89 I believe. As a kid, my head would be stuck out the window with the tongue wagging when dad drove down Van Born Rd
As a small world, I meet the guy who bought sammie’s shop out on the water near GI. He’s a nice guy and he’s my go to mechanic now. Brain Orlandie, look him up if your in need someone in the southeast corner of MI. Cheers Merc245

Last edited:
Thank You Pete

Thank You Pete for the nice message this morning. Its nice to be remembered my friend. Merc 245 I closed my Action Marine down June 1 1990 and retired at 42 years old after 19 years in the Hi-Performance boat business. Sorry you were not able to have bought your boat sooner when I was in business and you could of ran with the rest of the Action Marine guys in our Action Marine boat club. Have a great week and best wishes to all the Checkmate Members here. Sincerely Sammie from Action Marine

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 300 hp.jpg
    300 hp.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Action Marine