• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

" For Sale" 1982 Checkmate 251 Convincor w/2 x 250hp 3L EFI outboards

knarloid

Selling my twin outboard 1982 251 Convincor after 4 years.

Bought it as a wreck (let's be honest), and with Demag's awesome help and guidance have brought it back to life and enjoyed many days on it with the family in last few years.
Only selling now after buying Ramifications's 2800 SX.

New upholstery - cockpit seating and cabin
New 90 gal ally gas tank
New floor
New pour in transom
New (LVL) Stringers all the way into the cabin
2 Bilge pumps
Twin axle Trailer with new longer bunks to keep hull straight (previously had 2 sets of bunks with a slight hook in hull as a result)
2 x 250 EFI 3.0l MErcury outboards
- set of 4 blade Bravo's and a set of choppers included

I have a ton of photos from the restore work, so here's a link to them on Google Drive. No particular order, but you can at least appreciate the amount of work done to this.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Acj2uUp4RjislTx3avcIHVTiU6GvNbT

Boat is solid, and just needs a few small jobs doing (cabin walls need finishing - I have foam and matching vinyl to mount, and may get to this in coming weeks), rear bench needs two arm rests made up (have the matching vinyl to use).
Hull has old bottom paint - soda blaster would take it off.
A few marks on the sides, but it is 38yrs old.

It's a cheap, solid, original twin outboard 251 Convincor (has to be one of the first).
$10,000
Located in central NJ.

Last edited:
Back