• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Picked up my new to me 25 Sfx today

I just got home and of course its dark out, but its a really nice lay out. This one has a hard top, tow tower on the back. Can't wait to run it, seller gave me 3 props all Bravo's and speed ranges from 48-55 depending on prop with 300xs. Its not a fast hull but its not a speed boat. They are set up with a small jack plate from the factory. The only thing I don't like is all the rigging exposed in the console where the porta potty goes, it has a vinyl snap on cover but its messy.....I might like it once I have to add or fix something.

Pics, Tuff marine hooked me up with a new style cowling. Fun boat. The Hard top, tow tower and windlass are not factory, nice add on's the previous owner did. I removed the DBR kit and lightweight cowl, way to loud. I put the flywheel cover/air actuator cover back on and the new factory cowl with the insulation.

Attachments

• IMG_8846.jpg
    IMG_8846.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 61
  • View album “Boats”.png
    View album “Boats”.png
    366.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9752.jpg
    IMG_9752.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Ty, it really is a great boat. I thought I had a major fuel tank issue this summer and it turned out to be an improperly installed fuel sender...thank god

It's a good boat, as far as I know. Speed isn't the main thing. But I'd say it's pretty small -- too small for my taste. Didn't you worry about buying a used boat? Or did you test and inspect it before buying? 'cause it is a little scary to buy yachts, so I rent them at yacht rentals in Miami. And of course, I'm thinking of purchasing my own. I can't decide between Boston Whaler 420 Outrage and Squadron 60. Do you have any thoughts?

Squadron 60 I have never seen but the 42 whaler is amazing. I sold a 32 Donzi center console 2 years ago and thats a big as I would go. Just a lot of work to own a big boat. The 25 Checkmate i knew and the 300 was redone by a local shop so it only had 25 hours. The boat was mint. Access to the tank is poor, someone put the fuel sender in wrong and tried to 4200 seal it. Other than installing the sender properly, I am on my second season and have done nothing to the boat, it pretty much spotless.

If I was going to get a center console it would be one of these. Dont see to many for sale though. Great looking boat.

It’s time to go back to hopefully a 24brx, this boat has be gone through and has no issues and is super clean and well equipped and up for sale. Broker has it on boat trader. 58,900. Boat has a total of 490 hours motor has 1/2 of that as it was redone by fullers marine and machine. I put a newer cowl on it and the trailer was gone through 2 years ago, brakes, tires ect. It is stored off season in a heated airplane hanger so it’s not weathered. Pm with any questions

Back