• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New member from Michigan

Welcome to the forum. Sammy is the man !.
Thank you for the nice Compliment my dear friend. Its nice to see you. I Hope all is going good for you and that you have a great summer boating. Your friend always Sammie from Action Marine

Attachments

• actionmarine2-2.jpg
    actionmarine2-2.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi Mark and Welcome to this great Checkmate Forum. There are a lot of great members here to enjoy. This is Sammie from Action Marine my Friend. Thank you for the nice Compliment. I am always here for you if you need me with your new Checkmate. Its looks really nice. Take care and have a fun summer. Your Friend always Sammie from Action Marine
Hi Sammy. Good to hear from you. I know you have meet a lot of people over the years, but to jog your memory, here's a few pics. See if you remember the Checkmate and me.
Meeting at Kmart for Detroit River run. That Sunday, you wanted to pull 4-5 skiers with an 80HP Checkmate for a boat show video.
Might not remember me, but maybe the van!
And the 1974 fuchsia MX15.

IMG_1576.JPG IMG_1579.jpg IMG_1577.JPG

Hi Sammy. Good to hear from you. I know you have meet a lot of people over the years, but to jog your memory, here's a few pics. See if you remember the Checkmate and me.
Meeting at Kmart for Detroit River run. That Sunday, you wanted to pull 4-5 skiers with an 80HP Checkmate for a boat show video.
Might not remember me, but maybe the van!
And the 1974 fuchsia MX15.

View attachment 88565 View attachment 88566 View attachment 88567
Hi Mark, yes my dear friend I remember you and your Checkmate. We all had a lot of fun back in those days with our Action Marine Boat Club meeting every weekend. Have a safe and fun summer and remember I am always here for you. Sincerely Sammie from Action Marine

Attachments

• action marine red-1.jpg
    action marine red-1.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 2
  • JACKET.jpg
    JACKET.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 2
  • jacket1.jpg
    jacket1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
  • shirts1.jpg
    shirts1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Warrior-3.jpg
    Warrior-3.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 0
  • jacket2.jpg
    jacket2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Action Jacket.jpg
    Action Jacket.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 2
Sam, I was a friend of Karl F in late 70's when he had Checkmates up on Stag Island, I am looking to relive those times and searching for a 70's Checkmate hopefully in really good shape can you assist? Gary 810-357-811one.

Sam, I was a friend of Karl F in late 70's when he had Checkmates up on Stag Island, I am looking to relive those times and searching for a 70's Checkmate hopefully in really good shape can you assist? Gary 810-357-811one.
Hi Gary, its nice to hear from you my friend. If I run across a good 70's Checkmate I will give you a call. Have a great week. Sincerely Sammie from Action Marine

Attachments

• IMG_0013_NEW-1.jpg
    IMG_0013_NEW-1.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Sammie's-mx-15-drag-racing.jpg
    Sammie's-mx-15-drag-racing.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 29Sammie-Twister-1.jpg
    29Sammie-Twister-1.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Sammie's-Enchanter-2.jpg
    Sammie's-Enchanter-2.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 13
  • sammie.jpg
    sammie.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 13
  • sam and david.jpg
    sam and david.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 12
  • sammie-NDBA.jpg
    sammie-NDBA.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DOUGS ENCHANTER 300 HP 5-1.jpg
    DOUGS ENCHANTER 300 HP 5-1.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 18
Hi Mark, yes my dear friend I remember you and your Checkmate. We all had a lot of fun back in those days with our Action Marine Boat Club meeting every weekend. Have a safe and fun summer and remember I am always here for you. Sincerely Sammie from Action Marine
Hi Sam,

With a short shaft on an MX-15 did you have low water pickup lower units?

Hi Gary, its nice to hear from you my friend. If I run across a good 70's Checkmate I will give you a call. Have a great week. Sincerely Sammie from Action Marine
Hi Sam,

With a short shaft on an MX-15 did you have low water pickup lower units?

Gary

Good to know thanks for the reply. I am trying to re-live some checkmate history!!

Do you have any sources for mx-15 parts like hardware such as trim tabs and other parts as well as interior seating etc? I want to do a restoration as close to the real mx-15 as possible.

Back