• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New guy from the UP

YOOP

Hello everyone.
The last boat i had was a 16' sidewinder.After replacing all the wood in that one thought i'd never buy another boat again.Well never say never.Brought home a '88 exciter a month or so ago.Boat is all original and is amazing condition.
I was told it was a mercury test boat for 15 + years in Fond du lac,wi.Came with a 135 mariner that i just sold after finding a 2002 NOS XR6 still on the shipping pallet.The merc will go on in the spring,boat is going into storage this week.Will try and post pics as soon as i can.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
Been enjoying looking through the threads from the checkmate gurus on here,not to mention the pics.Learned alot in the short time i've been here and looking forward to reading/looking more.
Couple shots of one of the spots where we run our boat.

picture.php

picture.php

Reactions: JW
Boat looks fantastic and in excellent condition! Great color combo and I love the metal flake. Your new motor is going to be sweet on the back

Back