• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

08 2100 Pulsare w\ 300 XS Merc.

Roberts Marine

If you really have a need for speed this is the boat. I sold it last year and when the owner took his wife for a ride it was decieded they needed a bigger boat. This boat only has 15 hours on it!!! It has a hyd. jackplate with 14" of set back, hyd. steering, hot foot throttle, and foot operated trim buttons. With the 29" Tempest it runs 90+. It sits on a tandem axle C-Hawk trailer with brakes. This rig would set you back $45,000. today. We need to get $38,000. for it. Give me a call at 1-800-268-2409 and lets take it for a test run.
Bob

Attachments

• New Boats 012.jpg
    New Boats 012.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 140
  • New Boats 011.jpg
    New Boats 011.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 123
It seems to be alot cheaper to buy a boat in the US than Canada, I wonder about importing, how big a deal would that be? That is the exact config I`m looking for.

Did I talk to you on the phone earlier today. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. This boat really flies.
Bob

Runs 90+???

Boy, Checkmates must run faster in the clean air and water of Wisconsin! This would make this particular 2100 close to or the fastest 2100 ever documented on this forum! Bacon, I sent you a PM about importing a boat from the USA.

Boy, Checkmates must run faster in the clean air and water of Wisconsin! This would make this particular 2100 close to or the fastest 2100 ever documented on this forum! Bacon, I sent you a PM about importing a boat from the USA.
sct was at 94 mph when he sold his and it was an open bow
daren

Eyes Wide Open

I don't like to see people buying something for the wrong reasons.

*** IMO *** If someone wants a boat with outstanding gelcoat work and a comfortable interior that performs well up to 80 mph, they would be well served to consider a Checkmate. If blistering top speed and performance are are the prerequisites, there are better alternatives. *** IMO ***

Darren, WRT SCT's Pulsare, some extremely capable people on this forum (SCT being one) have rigged and run some extremely fast Pulsares over the years. High performance lower units, labbed props, hull pad modifications, etc... not to mention piloting skill have all been employed to very good advantage. Most people will NEVER hit 90 mph in their Pulsare and most will NOT care - this is simply not the best hull for that purpose. BTW, the 2100 bowrider with a good taught bow cover will likely be faster than the 2100 long deck.

Anyway, my intent is not to hijack this thread. I bought my 2100 BR from Bob last year and found him to be fair and reasonable. The price on this particular package is very good. I have a checklist of what is required to import a boat from the USA into Canada and have sent Bacon a PM offering to share this information if he is interested.

In my opinion,the 250 xs is the best motor for the 2100..It will take you to 80+..Ithink that w/300 it's pushing the limits..My 2 cents..

This boat is a handful, I agree the 250 is more than enough for this boat. The 300 performs flawlessly, the solid engine mounts are a plus at speed, and the 15" of setback noticably reduces the chine walking. Please note I didn't say it goes away, you still need to drive it. The gentelman who traded the boat in claims 92 on gps. I have had it to 90 on the speedo with 3 people on the boat and it didn't take much effort to get there so I don't think 92 under the right conditions is out of line.
Bob

GFreeburn,

I had this boat last summer. I hit 92 GPS once toward the end of break in. It would do 89-90 GPS consistantly when I ran it WOT. That was with a 29 Tempest which I believe I could run up around 6100-6200rpms. You do the math, it’s very capable and it handles well. Yes it can be a handful if you are not use to it but I had one just like it for 5 years with a 300 Promax on it. A 2100 Pulsare that runs 90 is old news. Bistering top speed?...hardly. But it handles 90 very well, it has solid motor mounts, hydraulic steering, foot throttle and trim controls, and is about as safe as you can make it. The boat is solid and is huge at 1350lbs, 8’ beam and 21’ length…..I don’t see why it couldn’t easily handle 100mph. And that’s just my opinion.

The story on this boat is after I sold my 27’er, I thought I wanted to get back into the OB speed boat thing again which I was into for a lot of years, but once I got it, I found I was bored with it and decided to trade for more of a family boat. Besides, my 3 year old would cry when she got into it after being used to a 27’ cuddy. So I traded this back to Bob for a 230.

-Craig

All it would need is to still be available in the spring, I`m leaving on course in the prairies until January. So my season is over. Too bad, really is a good deal for exactly what I`m looking for.:drool:

Somebody make me an offer on this boat, I need to get it off my inventory this fall. In past years every one that called me looking for a 2100 wanted it set up just like this. People this boat is brand new condition. You cant touch a new one rigged like it for under 43K.
Bob

Back