• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1960's boat motor and trailer ?? Help....

Reed

I have a boat I just acquired that I can't identify the year , and my digital cam battery is dead till tomorrow when I can add it to my photobucket . The boat is a 1960's Glastron 140-Aqualift tri-hull open bow and she needs lots of TLC or striped and scrapped.. the motor is a vintage 65hp Evenruide that has electric start it's a V-4 and looks to be in good shape I'm gonna try to get it to fire this next week.. and the trailer is the original trailer... last tagged 2006... My question is where do I find info on old boats...... I have looked for 3 days now ohh the trailer name is a Holsclaw trailer it looks like the hull has a step in it for getting up to plane faster, never seen a step hull in a 14ft model ?????

I have a boat I just acquired that I can't identify the year , and my digital cam battery is dead till tomorrow when I can add it to my photobucket . The boat is a 1960's Glastron 140-Aqualift tri-hull open bow and she needs lots of TLC or striped and scrapped.. the motor is a vintage 65hp Evenruide that has electric start it's a V-4 and looks to be in good shape I'm gonna try to get it to fire this next week.. and the trailer is the original trailer... last tagged 2006... My question is where do I find info on old boats...... I have looked for 3 days now ohh the trailer name is a Holsclaw trailer it looks like the hull has a step in it for getting up to plane faster, never seen a step hull in a 14ft model ?????
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk129/Reed65/1960sGlastron140Aqualift65hpEvenrui.jpg?t=1240880569

Sweet!

If you could post some pics of that over on Endless Boating I would very much appreciate it! :thumb:

-Chris

Sweet!

If you could post some pics of that over on Endless Boating I would very much appreciate it! :thumb:

-Chris

is that Endless Boating .com ??? thanks Coop for the brocure pic I think that is the model the handrail is a little different. I'm waiting to get the paper work from the owner, I took what was left of the windsheild off of her. I have the pieces there is no floor in it someone cut it out and lost the juice to finish what they started. ( I was told the motor ran but... the last time she was on the water was 2006, if anyone is interested in a extreme project boat, I'll sell it complete ) * it needs total R&R needs stringer, floor, and transom * ! I took the motor shroud off and it looks pretty clean, but the boat hull is in need of some love.. I posted this find cause I can't stand to see the good ones go to the trash heap. the trailer is in decent shape and is the original trailer for the boat ** made for it **

is that Endless Boating .com ??? thanks Coop for the brochure pic I think that is the model the handrail is a little different. I'm waiting to get the paper work from the owner, I took what was left of the windshield off of her. I have the pieces there is no floor in it someone cut it out and lost the juice to finish what they started. ( I was told the motor ran but... the last time she was on the water was 2006, if anyone is interested in a extreme project boat, I'll sell it complete ) * it needs total R&R needs stringer, floor, and transom * ! I took the motor shroud off and it looks pretty clean, but the boat hull is in need of some love.. I posted this find cause I can't stand to see the good ones go to the trash heap. the trailer is in decent shape and is the original trailer for the boat ** made for it **

I got the old 65 hp motor running today ~ wow~ it has some darn good compression and it sounds real strong ( jumped the solenoid cause the old ignition switch was bad 30 sec run ) ~ will put in water tomorrow and run her ..

is that Endless Boating .com ??? thanks Coop for the brocure pic I think that is the model the handrail is a little different. I'm waiting to get the paper work from the owner, I took what was left of the windsheild off of her. I have the pieces there is no floor in it someone cut it out and lost the juice to finish what they started. ( I was told the motor ran but... the last time she was on the water was 2006, if anyone is interested in a extreme project boat, I'll sell it complete ) * it needs total R&R needs stringer, floor, and transom * ! I took the motor shroud off and it looks pretty clean, but the boat hull is in need of some love.. I posted this find cause I can't stand to see the good ones go to the trash heap. the trailer is in decent shape and is the original trailer for the boat ** made for it **
Yeah, it's our sister forums. It's still relatively new, but I've been trying to collect up some older vintage stuff. :)

There is a banner on the side of the forums if you forgot how to get there.

Here's a link....

http://EndlessBoating.com

-Chris

I was told Friday buy a guy that wanted to buy the motor that the motor and the boat are 1968 models. ~ I was happy to find this out ~ :)

Back