• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1974 what do I have

Njm902

New to checkmate boats. I have a 13 foot boat with no motor and I’m trying to find out what size motor I can put on it.
Chk05467m74c

New to checkmate boats. I have a 13 foot boat with no motor and I’m trying to find out what size motor I can put on it.
Chk05467m74c
I suppose the mfg. horsepower rating plate is no longer visible or on the boat? The mfg. has to use a govt. formula to determine the horsepower rating and you can look some of this up online. Basically the formula multiplies the boat length by the transom width to get a factor. Then there are a few add ons, like remote steering, hard chines, transom height of 20" or more, etc. Unfortunately the HP rating has nothing to do with speed or how safely the boat handles at higher speeds, is mostly based on displacement.

And I don’t know what the name of the boat is

Attachments

• 61E2C58A-251B-484F-A8E6-622215062DE2.jpeg
    61E2C58A-251B-484F-A8E6-622215062DE2.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 34
Looks like you have a mx13.. think they were rated for 75 or 80hp.. but have seen much bigger motors on them.. All depends on what you want to do with the boat..

Back