• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1988 Spectra 170

Maario

1988 Checkmate Spectra 170 with 1988 150 Mercury. This boat is in exceptional shape. All original upholstery and carpet. The boat has never been left in the water and always stored inside or in a covered boat hoist. The boat is solid and 100% original. The motor has only had normal service items done to it and runs great. Normal usage has been a tank or 2 of gas each summer. Very low hours. You won't find a nicer boat of this vintage. The interior is in mint condition, a few minor scratches on the hull. This is the nicest looking Spectra I have laid eyes on.

See pictures on my craigslist ad:

https://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/d/traverse-city-1988-checkmate-spectra-170/6924530116.html

I bought this boat! I absolutely love it and the listing was spot on. I probably put more hours on it last summer than it saw in the last decade total. She is a beauty!

I bought this boat! I absolutely love it and the listing was spot on. I probably put more hours on it last summer than it saw in the last decade total. She is a beauty!
Welcome to the Forum. It's a great place for info and to meet great people. When you get a chance, go to Member Introductions and tell us a little about yourself. Where you're at , where you boat, etc. Congrats on your boat. :thumb:

KG, I bought one too! Mine is a project tho! Complete engine work and a new floor! Same 88 Spectra with a 150 Merc BlackMax.
It seems the Spectra is not very common. I saw this post and Maario's link to the CL ad but its old now...... I'd love to see what yours looks like. Can you post any pics?
This is mine.....

Attachments

• 123102521_197241771913480_8678099581431759544_n.jpg
    123102521_197241771913480_8678099581431759544_n.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 13
Back