• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1990 convincer cockpit cover

Louiemd90

Good morning all my name is Louie. I am new to the forum and this is my first post, so I apologize for any errors to follow. I am planning to purchase a 1990 checkmate convincer 251 with a 502 and bravo outdrive. This post has two purposes, the first to ask advice on what I should be oooking for prior to handing the seller 11,000.00, and second to see if anyone has an OEM cockpit cover or knows where to find one. If I should post this in a different section please just let me know.

Quick background that was provided to me regarding the boat. It is currently in Massachusetts, spent most of its life in fresh and some brackish waters. 720 hours on the meter, however It is alleged that the 502 was refreshed within the last few years. I was told that It does not have a cockpit cover, is currently winterized and wrapped, and that the port side trim tab needs a cable ? Seller mentioned the boat will ride with a slide lean as a result of the tab. Not sure how big of an issue this is ?

Again I’m sorry there’s a lot all in this one post. I would appreciate any feedback, thank you

Back