• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2000 zt330 Windshield - help finding replacement.

770guy

I have a zt330 and has broken curved panel. Any suggestions. I was thinking of calling tailor made. My window has a sticker from Campbell in Dallas, TX but I dont believe they are in business. Not concerned with how expensive it will be. It seems to be plastic lexan of plexi. A glass windshield would bepreferred but will go with plastic if someone knows where I can go.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7177.jpg
    IMG_7177.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 11
Have you called Checkmate and asked Kip or Dean if they can still get you a replacement?

Yea, they didnt have any new old stock and said the previous supplier went out of business. They were gonna check to see if a new style would fit. Figured someone on here had broken one. I think previous owner fell on it or stepped on it. Aluminum is bent buy nothing I cant fix. My only thought was to reach out to a race car builder to see about redoing it in lexan. I had a drag car and had windows made but those seemed less complicated.

I had several drag cars as well but I could also buy lexan and cut it and cold form it to the slight front or back windshield curvature. I know some of the newer model cars with more curve in the windshield you could purchase the Lexan pre-formed. However the boat windshield has a 90* curve from beside your arm to in front of you. There are people that form the Lexan and I had one of my drag buddies say he used to bend it by putting a paper on it (like the girls use in the oven, I think parchement paper to prevent the iron from making marks on the Lexan. He then heated the Lexan through the paper with an iron as his help gradually bent it. However those bends would not be nearly as sharp as your Checkmate windshield.

Give UPD Plastics a call down in Florida, If I remember correctly. Might be worth a shot...

Send a PM to Coop. I gave him the name of a custom windshield builder I believe is in FL. I can't find the name but he may still have it.

Back