• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2001 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 BR, Hydro Tec 3.3 Yamaha, 1.62 Sportmaster

Invader

2001 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 BR openbow. 10” Stainless marine bracket and 5-½" CMC power jackplate, homemade skid planer. Lowrance color touch screen Elite 9ti graph/plotter/GPS with WiFi and NEMA 2000 network for engine ECM data display. Motorguide wireless trolling motor with foot and key fob controls. Trolling motor has a quick disconnect with mount cover plate when it’s removed. On-board dual-bank battery charger. Bimini top (I’ve never used it), front bow cover, and full all-weather cover. Fresh starting battery. Removable ski tow tripod.

2006 Yamaha 3.3L HPDI originally a 200 hp. It was built up by Hydro Tec in 2010 using a 300hp block with their Phase III mods and parts: HT hot heads, WSM pistons, mild porting, blueprinted, velocity stacks, modified reed blocks, carbon fiber reeds, HT exhaust tuner, solid engine mounts, big bore throttle body, intake spacer plate, lightened flywheel. Stock 300Hp ECM tune with 6150 limiter. Problematic factory low pressure lift pumps and water filter have been removed and replaced with a Mallory electric fuel pump and Racor 10-micron water separating filter. The engine was refreshed in 2016 due to a piston locator pin failure. A rare occurrence with the 3.3 HPDIs but it is a known problem. The WSM pistons solve this. All internal engine work done by Hydro Tec. According to HT, the engine will run on mid-grade gas but I’ve always used premium. I purchased the engine in 2011 with 6 hours on the Phase III build and 120 hours on the ECM. There are 42 hours on the 2016 refresh. The ECM currently shows 196 hours. Compression is 105-108 which equates to about 126-130 at sea level. It has the original 200 hp clamp/bracket with model and serial #s which makes insurability much easier compared to a 300 Hp engine.

16” Short shaft mid, Merc 3.0L Sportmaster 1.62 straight skeg gearcase adapted to the engine using HT parts and machining. Torque tab and Bman foil added. Lakeland Marine billet shift shaft seal with vent kit. There are 82 hours on a 2010 rebuild with a new prop shaft, which was completed before my purchase. Has a new water pump and fresh gear lube.

2001 Checkmate trailer by Trailmaster/Vanguard. Recent new brake actuator installed. Disk brakes, bearings, and wheel seals have been well maintained. New tires and wheels. Spare tire is unused but older. Trailer is ready for cross country travel.

I’ve never run the boat light or at lower elevations. It has run 80 mph on the rev limiter with a 24” Promax prop. This is at 5000’+ elevation mountain lakes with a heavy load: 3 people, several heavy Musky rods, 2 giant tackle boxes, cooler, tool box, extra prop, trolling motor w/deep cycle group 31 battery (90 lbs), 2 anchors and more.... It's being sold with a custom Mark Croxton balanced and blueprinted 24” Bravo I prop for all around performance. With the Bravo, it easily pulls up slalom skiers, can say on plane below 20 mph, and still provides mid 70’s speeds at high altitude while loaded. I would expect significantly higher speeds with a light load, at lower elevations, and a much larger prop.

Yamaha factory engine service manual, YDS interface cable with v1.32 software, extra set of stock heads, folder of documentation, and Sportmaster water hose attachment included.

The boat has been very well maintained, is in great condition, and looks great but does shows a little wear here and there. I am the second owner and have not really used it a lot. It's never been beached on-shore. Obviously fresh water use only. The hull is glossy with no weathered areas. It has the original interior which looks great. There are no rips, cracking, or split seams in the vinyl but there are some small scuffs and light stains. The carpet is good with some matting but no worn areas. The front seat backs (facing forward) each have a dark stain where the Checkmate fabric logo was glued on. The seat back fabric can be sent to “Gotcha Covered of Checkmate” to have the logo embroidered over the stain. The motor hood has some scratches on the top. The engine setback bracket has some powder coat finish coming off. The trailer has the usual rock chips on the fenders and few other areas.

This is a very difficult decision to sell but our boating days appear to be over. I’ve only used it 4 times in the last 2 years. I never thought I would sell it. It's been my dream family performance fish and ski rig for 12 years. I’m located in northern Utah. The boat, motor, and trailer each have Utah titles that are in my name and in-hand.
$22,500

PM, text or call Jeff 8 0 one - 7 2 five - 7 7 four four

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    574.3 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN2522.JPG
    DSCN2522.JPG
    630.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN2527.JPG
    DSCN2527.JPG
    701.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN2533.JPG
    DSCN2533.JPG
    765.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN2535.JPG
    DSCN2535.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN2547.JPG
    DSCN2547.JPG
    761.8 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN2553.JPG
    DSCN2553.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN2556.JPG
    DSCN2556.JPG
    518.3 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN2557.JPG
    DSCN2557.JPG
    351.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN2559.JPG
    DSCN2559.JPG
    621.4 KB · Views: 82
Sad to see this. I sold this boat 5 months ago and I see it is up for sale again over on Scream and Fly.

Back