• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2006 Checkmate 2000 Pulsare BR Restoration

CheckmateND

Hey all -

First time poster on the site! Loyal Checkmate fan here. Just purchased my second Checkmate (2006 Pulsare 2000 BR/ 2003 Merc 200 EFI.) I am trying to get some of the Cost Guard Requirements (potential repower) as well as some additional information regarding the windshield (looks as though the previous owner stored something on top of it and bent the windshield.) I called Caldwell Marine Designs (New Checkmate Owner) and asked if I gave them my Hull Number, could they provide the Coast Guard info as well as if there are multiple windshield heights (looks as though I have the low-profile windshield) I would like to replace it with a a taller OEM windshield...if that is even possible. Unfortunately, Caldwell told me they have no information on my boat...since ownership changed companies....etc. Any suggestions? Thanks all. CheckmateND

Checkmate changed suppliers for the windshields in 2009, pretty sure they went to Tailormade, and those have less sharp edges. If I was trying to redo mine I see if Taylormade had the patterns and could do it. But there is no way you will like the cost if they will.

As far as coast guard stuff, does your boat not Have it’s sticker? Should say model and HP on it. The 2000’s were rated for 250HP don’t know the weight and passenger limit, but this site has all the factory brochures stored in the photo gallery and you should be able to get that info there

Hey there, CheckmateND. I'm a checkmate enthusiast, also in ND...Fargo to be exact. There aren't a lot of 2000BR's up in this next of the woods. Post up some pics! Karzrus is on the money with his info. They're good hulls.

Karzrus and Sam I am - Thanks so much for the info. Greatly appreciated. Trying to find the 06 brochure out on the forum...haven't had much luck.

Sam I am, saw many of your posts out here before...Your starliner is awesome! I am actually considering a repower to a G2. I am in Fargo as well.. Thanks all!

Back