• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2009 2000 Pulsar BR, Rare Barn Find/ only 22.5 hours

1baddeer

This like new boat came from a barn in TN, covered with dust I towed it to Florida and posting it for sale. Very low hours at 22.5 see photo.
Absolutely a flawless boat. It has matching trailer, Evinrude HO, New battery, Livorsi GPS gages. Tow pole, radio, coast guard equipped. stainless steel prop.
Tube , large tow float, Ready to go have fun with. A freshwater only boat TN river only. Look at the scag no scratches.
I can't say enough about how nice this boat is barn stored its whole life.
Fast, Fun, great on fuel. a dream boat I never got to use. Bought it new after it was one of the last used for a boat show model for the factory.
Have a lot invested in this craft please no low ball offers serious only need to contact, will be taking offers on this extremely rare quality boat.
Contact me with any questions @ 727-433-4205
stevencanfield@live.com
It is raining today better photos to follow once it is sunny out.IMG_1456[1].JPGIMG_1460[1].JPGIMG_1463[1].JPGIMG_1461[1].JPGIMG_1453[1].JPGIMG_1464[1].JPGIMG_1452[1].JPGIMG_1457[1].JPGIMG_1455[1].JPGIMG_1459[1].JPG

Was not sure how to price this boat, while listing on Boat Trader and reviewing other boats I decided on $35,000

Thank You It was my 1st Checkmate, I always liked the boat company and wanted one. I moved off the Tennessee river shortly after buying the boat. Stuck it in the barn and that's where it sat. I Will hate to see it go.

Reactions: JW
Thank You It was my 1st Checkmate, I always liked the boat company and wanted one. I moved off the Tennessee river shortly after buying the boat. Stuck it in the barn and that's where it sat. I Will hate to see it go.
Love the silver metalflake stripes, my last Checkmate had those also.

Wife says Boat needs to be SOLD,,,,,, New Price, $29,990 dropped the price $5000. I will accept offers now, Heck might as well I get ridiculous offers so far, If I give you a flat out NO you may be a dummy.

Nice looking Pulsare, 1baddee!

I don’t follow your post, though. Did you buy it new? Or did you find it in a barn and bought it from the original owner? You mentioned TN and FL but where did the Alabama registration come from?

Good luck on the sale!

The boats history is as follows, I had a home in AL on the TN river. I seen this boat advertised in Daytona Bch dealer. He sat on it for several years as he wanted big money and held his ground on price. I bought it from him in 2012 towed to AL. I put it in a high and dry on the river as I would not leave it outside I was right on the river. 2013 we had a tornado rip through and destroyed the high and dry only a handful of boats survived, this being one. It sat in its bunk for almost 1 year before I was allowed to retrieve it. I bought a farm in TN during this time and towed the boat to the farm stuck it in the barn. Farm consumed my time, sold the house in AL, but I kept the AL registration. 2020 was last time I had the boat out. It was a boat show model for Checkmate I was told by the dealer. The FL dealer had it but never did anything other then store it, I am basically the 1 owner. I have sold the farm April1 so needed to move and sell the boat. I now live in Dade City.

Well, you have an awesome boat and your’s is as close to new that someone can buy!
Good luck-

Thanks I would love to keep it but have too many toys got rid of a bunch toys I let go with the farm.
Checkmate Looking for a good home !

Thanks I would love to keep it but have too many toys got rid of a bunch toys I let go with the farm.
Checkmate Looking for a good home !
1baddeer, good home here, looking for a Checkmate. Sent text yesterday, will try you again today.

1baddeer, good home here, looking for a Checkmate. Sent text yesterday, will try you again today.
Not much of a cell phone guy, very old school and big fingers. I really dont check text sorry I missed it just call no txt please
727-433-4205

This like new boat came from a barn in TN, covered with dust I towed it to Florida and posting it for sale. Very low hours at 22.5 see photo.
Absolutely a flawless boat. It has matching trailer, Evinrude HO, New battery, Livorsi GPS gages. Tow pole, radio, coast guard equipped. stainless steel prop.
Tube , large tow float, Ready to go have fun with. A freshwater only boat TN river only. Look at the scag no scratches.
I can't say enough about how nice this boat is barn stored its whole life.
Fast, Fun, great on fuel. a dream boat I never got to use. Bought it new after it was one of the last used for a boat show model for the factory.
Have a lot invested in this craft please no low ball offers serious only need to contact, will be taking offers on this extremely rare quality boat.
Contact me with any questions @ 727-433-4205
stevencanfield@live.com
It is raining today better photos to follow once it is sunny out.View attachment 89324View attachment 89325View attachment 89326View attachment 89327View attachment 89328View attachment 89329View attachment 89330View attachment 89331View attachment 89332View attachment 89333
Boat has been sold. Waiting on deposit. Thanks to Checkmate Forums

I think that price is fair considering its basically a new boat. Nice colors also and clean!!

Wife says Boat needs to be SOLD,,,,,, New Price, $29,990 dropped the price $5000. I will accept offers now, Heck might as well I get ridiculous offers so far, If I give you a flat out NO you may be a dummy.
Your price is more than reasonable. A virtually new boat 2100 Pulsare with 20 hours and if you could get a new one (right now you can't) it would cost almost triple that price. Yes it would be composite construction, a 2100 Pulsare, and have a warranty, for an additional $50K- $60K. You want a cash buyer if possible, since banks just look at the year and a marine version of the Kelly Blue book and decide what is the most money they would lend. I helped the widow of a good friend of mine sell his 2020 Pulsare BRX / 300R with less than 10 hours on it. Some buyers might have concerns with getting parts for the Evinrude outboard, but for the price difference they could sell the engine and buy a Merc or Yami.
An identical new boat had an MRSP of $125K, it had a warranty composite construction but otherwise identical. I was surprised at how many people wanted to offer about half the price of a new Checkmate for this one that had less than 10 hours on it, when they could have bought it for a few thousand more. Anyway, someone did get a hell of a deal, and paid a few thousand more, and does not want to sell it, and several others that could have bought it, are still waiting for one and Caldwell is currently not producing them, and many people have their down payment tied up and no boat in sight! Hopefully they will be back to producing them soon!
You have had it sitting in a barn for all those years, I hope you let it sit until someone offers you very close to the reasonable price you are asking. I have not seen another Checkmate for sale with 23 hours on it, for quite sometime, and doubt there will be one. Mine is a 2020 and has 90 hours on it, but I live on a lake and I am retired so I get to use it.
Good Luck with your sale.

That is a nice looking 2000BR, but a little underpowered. Those hulls are rated for 250hp max. It has the newer Tayor-made windshield they switched suppliers midway through 2008.

Checkmate would stop making the BR and update to the 2000BRX liner boat around that time as well. So the look/style of the boat would change a little and look less sporty but gain some interior room and water resistance.

Back