• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2014 checkmate weekend poll

2014 event location

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I set the pole for 14 days but If we can I wouldn't mind having it on the second to the last weekend of june so we will have warmer water for swimming.

I am liking the looks of "bohemia river new house". I am torn between Bohemia and Glass house.

One thought though, Bohemia may have a parking problem also. Since it is such a nice place, I am wondering how the owner will take to having more than 14 people, (the house capacity in add). We would have to find out if he minds parking trailers on the lawn. And will it be OK to pitch a few tents?

Just want to cover all bases. Remember we know what to expect at Glass house. I am holding my vote for one of those to places.

:thumb:

jetmate, you can always vote for them both, at the bohemia house I don't think we will be able to park on the lawn so we will have to do a little better planning. If we stay there I figure we could park the trailers on the grass and leave all the vehicles on the driveway.

jetmate, you can always vote for them both, at the bohemia house I don't think we will be able to park on the lawn so we will have to do a little better planning. If we stay there I figure we could park the trailers on the grass and leave all the vehicles on the driveway.

And so a vote for each!

Ram when you call the owner ask if thats a shared pier. Haveing 6 lifts and the neighbors dont have piers its just something I thought was odd.

I'm gonna try my best to. Once Christmas is over I am going to focus as much time and money as possible on it to have it finished by then. Dont think I can go another year without it.

Count me in for at least catching up with you guys during the day and maybe partying at night. It would be great meeting everyone and look forward to when the date would be set:lol:

Demag, I noticed you were based in Bensalem which is where I grew up and still go to almost weekly for friends and family. We probably know some of the same people.

Thanks,
ChuckB

Count me in for at least catching up with you guys during the day and maybe partying at night. It would be great meeting everyone and look forward to when the date would be set:lol:

Demag, I noticed you were based in Bensalem which is where I grew up and still go to almost weekly for friends and family. We probably know some of the same people.

Thanks,
ChuckB

Chuck hope to see you down there and up here on the river next year. Good possibility we know some of the same people. I grew up in Levittown and moved to bensalem for 10 yrs and just mived back to Levittown.

I just spoke with the guy that owns the Bohemia house. The pier is shared so slips may become an issue. I told him there would be about 15 boats and he said if we rent he would let the neighbors know and it shouldn't be too big of a deal, but all the boats may not fit on the pier. Only the outer portion of the pier would work for docking since it gets shallow up near the bulkhead. He rents from Sat to Sat, so if we do a weekend, it would need to be Sat until Mon or Tues. No parking on the grass either. I could call one of the local marinas and see if we could leave the trailers there for a small fee.

Back