• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

21 Pulsare vs 201 Spectra

AEstream

What is the ride difference of these two ? Weight pulsare 1350 spectra 1450. Pulsare true pad bottom. Spectra semi pad vee.

Does anyone have experience with these two? I really want a pulsare Br because I think the open bow would be more family functional. but found a nice clean spectra.

I have a fresh 300 to slap on either one. I was thinking buy the spectra to get out on the water and keep shopping to find a 21br. I just missed on a local one after selling my boat.

Anyone have experience with these two ?

I always thought the 201 Spectra looked like a mini offshore boat w- the long front deck and deeper gunnels. The 300 w- some set back would be a cool boat!

Good luck-

I have owed both . Pulsare is faster with the same power and easier to drive . It also has more usable space
Spectra 201 with 225 3.0 EFI 71-72 mph
2100br with 225 pro XS 76-77 mph

The actual running surface on the Spectra is shorter than the Pulsare 2100. If you look at the profile of the Spectra, the upwards slope to the bow begins much sooner at the keel. Basically, they stretched the 17' Spectra to make the 201. The running surface of the Pulsare is longer and will give you a better ride.

The actual running surface on the Spectra is shorter than the Pulsare 2100. If you look at the profile of the Spectra, the upwards slope to the bow begins much sooner at the keel. Basically, they stretched the 17' Spectra to make the 201. The running surface of the Pulsare is longer and will give you a better ride.

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to hold out for a 21 pulsare br. They may be a needle in a haystack but I’ll find one.

Back