• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2400 BRX - 300XS, what prop ya running

What rpm with the 27? I run 6100 at 78 with a 25 Trophy.

it was a one time blast at the end of the year, so i don't know exactly. i remember it being low,5600ish that is with a 1.75 l/u.

the same prop on my 2100 250xs 1.62 sporty ran 85.6 at 5800ish.

it is factory marked 27, but has a lot of work done on it so who knows.... i bought it used.

Interesting thread, has anyone run a Bravo on a well balanced setup 1.75 gear with the 300xs

I have 1.75 gears which comes out to about 5% slip. The trophy seems to run about an inch higher than a 3 blade. May have been at 6200 rpm. My 21 with a 1.62 and a 28" prop runs at 8%-9% slip. 96.3 mph at 6350 rpm.

Randy, was the 28" prop on the 21' a Trophy?

It's a secret prop! I cannot divulge my secrets. Randy

That imformation can be had for around $2000 and a signed, legal, and notorized contract stating that the penalty for sharing that imformation is "DEATH"!

Thanks Randy, if your down to 5% its probably safe to say 80mph is out of reach then. I found the Trophy to be faster on my 2100 then a 3 blade only with a decent setback, seemed I was able to run it an 1" higher on the jack also. My 2400 is almost ready for the water, sounds like the 25 Trophy is hard to beat.

I have recently bought a 24BRX I am trying to tune the set up. I am running the prop that came on the on the boat when I bought it. It is a 25 tempest. I am getting a top speed of 62, I saw 64 briefly once but just for a second probably gps Float. The set back is only about 5" and the hight was adjusted down once (and may need more). The RPMs are about 5600. I am thinking I may be over proped but trying to get a feel for how others are set up with the same boat/power. The speeds I reached wher running light one person low fuel.
Any 24BRX owners with similar setups? What prop and what is your setback and engine hight?

I have recently bought a 24BRX I am trying to tune the set up. I am running the prop that came on the on the boat when I bought it. It is a 25 tempest. I am getting a top speed of 62, I saw 64 briefly once but just for a second probably gps Float. The set back is only about 5" and the hight was adjusted down once (and may need more). The RPMs are about 5600. I am thinking I may be over proped but trying to get a feel for how others are set up with the same boat/power. The speeds I reached wher running light one person low fuel.
Any 24BRX owners with similar setups? What prop and what is your setback and engine hight?

Wow, old post resurrected! You didn't say what motor you have. I recall reading that the 24 BRXs with 300xs will be in the 72-75 MPH range with 16" setback and the prop shaft about 2 inches below the bottom of the V of the hull. Usually guys will use a 25p Trophy if they have the 1.75 gears.

Last edited:
I am running a Bravo One 24 on my 2400 bowrider with a Verado Pro 300. With an 8" Atlas jackplate (13" total setback because the Verado has 5" built into the design) I running 70MPH gps with a full tank of gas..

Thanks for the info. My engine is the 300SX. I am looking at a jack plate with a approx. a 16" setback. Anyone using an electric adjustable jack plate?

Thanks for the info. My engine is the 300SX. I am looking at a jack plate with a approx. a 16" setback. Anyone using an electric adjustable jack plate?

Yes, lots of guys here are using hydraulic jack plates (with electric hydraulic pumps). I would say its most peoples preference to have the hydraulic plates in fact if they want to go fast. Just that they are a lot of money so its sometimes above people's budget.

did you buy wildmans 2400? if so he is the one to talk to about set up or did you buy the one from canada

I'm running a Bob's 6" electrici/hydraulic jack plate & I think it's about right as far as set back goes with my 400, I'm still experimenting, I've had & tried 10" setback & have gone out as far as 14" & if you include the additional set back the verado has over the 300xs it would have been 19" & that was way to much plus my motor weighs almost 200 lbs more than your XS. I think with your motor anything over 10" would make a big difference in performance. Checkmate installs 10" manual CMC's as std equipment & that's what came with my 300 Verado when I bought the BRX & I was doing at the time 62-63mph with the 25" Tempest +,way over propped, I went down to a 22" Bravo & picked up a few mph & later when I changed out to the hydraulic jack plate I ran a worked 23" Bravo & got close to 70 keep in mind that 300XS vs the 300 Verado are very different animals when it comes to power curves & torque delivery so what works for me may not be as good for you but for sure 10" or more on set back will be good for you, I think 14" would be perfect for all around performance also prop wise I hear the Trophy's work great with the 300XS's........wow got carried away hear :)

I run a 300xs on a 24LD, runs an honest 74 well fueled. Best to date on the gps is 79.5 I use a hydraulic Detwiler on a Tuff marine bracket total 19", I like four blade props, so have done most trials with them. 27 bravo xs for everyday and a high rake Hering 4 blade for top end. Motor seems to make the most power just under 6000 rpm.

Back