• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

25 SFX

New to me SFX, 300XS 22p bravo....slower that expected. I think twin 150's or single 400 would be a better set up. 52/53 best so far....no bow lift. Has 6 inch set back with Bobs hyd. jack plate. I put a new cowl on a few weeks ago, carbon one was to loud for a fishing boat.

Some pictures, fun boat, hard top and toy tower make it a great all around boat.

Attachments

• IMG_8846.jpg
    IMG_8846.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9752.jpg
    IMG_9752.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: jjg
New to me SFX, 300XS 22p bravo....slower that expected. I think twin 150's or single 400 would be a better set up. 52/53 best so far....no bow lift. Has 6 inch set back with Bobs hyd. jack plate. I put a new cowl on a few weeks ago, carbon one was to loud for a fishing boat.
Nice boat! Yes a 400r would add 5-7 mph and have a lot more torque.

Nice boat! Yes a 400r would add 5-7 mph and have a lot more torque.
Is that a standard Bravo 1 22P you have? What rpm can you turn it to? Have you tried a Bravo FS or XS? If you have a standard Bravo 1 22P you should be able to turn a Bravo 1 XS 23P to at last the same rpm and it will have a lot more bow lift. If you are turning a standard Bravo 1 about 300 rpm less than you want to, then I would use the 22 or 22.3P Bravo XS prop and I think you will gain at least 200 rpm. Of course a 400R or 450R (expensive) would take care of the speed issue if it is a major concern. I have a Bravo FS 24P on my 2400 Pulsare and it has a 300R on it.

It should be a 22p FS, the boat has gone through prop testing with a very good performance shop....The opinion was it is a slow hull and needs more weight in the back hence, the 400 or twin 150's vs the single 300xs. I wish more of these where out there to get some prop options. I just want some bow lift...it runs pretty flat.

From the shop: Skip what I said above-these are the numbers but not able to get the bow up very well
22p bravo worked by previous owner 48.5mph @6000rpm 30% slip
Stock Bravo 22p 52.5mph @5600rpm 21% slip
21p REV4 and 23p Mirage did not run as well as the Stock bravo 22p

From the shop: Skip what I said above-these are the numbers but not able to get the bow up very well
22p bravo worked by previous owner 48.5mph @6000rpm 30% slip
Stock Bravo 22p 52.5mph @5600rpm 21% slip
21p REV4 and 23p Mirage did not run as well as the Stock bravo 22p
More setback, or more weight in the back, or less weight in the bow if possible will all help with bow lift. I had 8.6% slip with the stock Bravo FS and 13.5% slip with stock 26P Bravo 1 which did not lift the bow nearly as much. Were both of your 22P Bravo props the FS type with the short barrel and almost no diffuser? If so, I am not sure what they did to the worked FS prop but to lose 9% slip with a labbed prop does not sound right. I doubt you motor is mounted too high, as that can cause loss of bow lift as well. Too bad there are not more of the same hull around to compare props like you said. You would think someone can modify a 4 blade prop with more cup, less barrel length and less diffuser to lift the bow better than now. Mercury says that the Bravo FS (not the Bravo 1) and the Tempest are their best bow lifting props. Good luck and let us know when you find a better prop and if the 22P Bravo you have is in fact a FS Bravo prop.

The previous owner ran a 21.5 P bravo with vent holes and said the best all around prop but 48.5 was best. The prop on the boat now is a 22p stock Bravo. So maybe maybe a 22p FS or 23P might be the trick??? Vent holes? what are your opinions?

Back