• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

253 Convincor Prop advice needed

Hey guys, relatively new to the site so this is my first post. Have been doing a lot of reading in different threads, lots of excellent information here!

Im in the process of putting a procharger on my 1995 253 convincor, looking for some prop advice for it.

Currently running the 454 Mag (carb'd) motor, bravo drive with a 4 blade 22P Bravo prop. This prop seems to be perfect for the boat right now, RPM's at WOT seem to hold right around 5000. Fastest Ive seen on GPS speed is 61 MPH.

Once the procharger is installed Im obviously going to have to re-prop it, just looking for some direction as to where to start? Should I stick with a 4 blade or should I go to a 3 blade? I still want to be able to cruise with the boat, but definately would like to see some more MPH up top. Procharger is claiming to run around the 500 HP mark once its installed (claimed obviously my motor has not been on a dyno)

I havnt been able to find much information regarding prop pitch versus HP/weight/slip sort of thing.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

I have a 97 253 and was also Procharged. I found the 4 blade to be the best all around prop. I ran Bravos and Hydromotives. Both good props. I found the Bravo gave a little bit more lift than the Hydro. I also ran a few 3 blade Mirage Plus props but they were not good when trying to get on plane or when trying to cruise at slower speeds. They would cavitate/slip a lot. My first engine was a 454 Mag Procharged with 5 lbs. of boost. Made around 525 hp and pushed the boat to 73 mph with a 24p stock Bravo. I then put in a custom 496 with a R-Tech intercooler and it made 825 hp at 8.5 lbs. of boost and ran 90 mph with a stock 28 pitch Bravo. A labbed Bravo will also get you a few more mph but more than double the cost of the prop. Hope this helps!

Back