• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

27P Stainless Mirage in excellent condition and a great story...

ProSA

You've seen this prop here before:
http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29589

Only difference is that this prop is a 27, NOT a 23 as stamped on the outside. :shakehead: I think that explains why this prop hasn't worked for so many before me, myself included.

(If your not into long stories, skip to the bottom now)
I reciently sold this to a member and we meet locally. A few days later he texts me that he can't get his boat on plane with this prop (21' w/stock 350 alpha). He takes it to his local prop shop and they put it in their machine & he discovers that it is a 27P... texts me that I'm pulling some sort of scam. Needless to say I tell him I have no proplem taking it back and now all is good in metro Detroit except I still have a really nice prop that won't work on my boat.

To make a longer story short, there is a marking on the inside hub notating a number 27. The prop shop claims that they've seen this before and most likely the prop was a dealer "demo" and never intended for sale to the general public :sleep: (Told you there was a great story)

$200- plus shipping.

Direct email is best: sthiem66@gmail.com

Thanks & best of luck,
Steve

For the record,
I bought this prop and sold it thinking it was a 23p. I've never heard or seen of a prop being stamped 23 on the outside and something else on the inside but it makes since why I couldn't turn it up enough. Glad someone finally got the answer to this prop.
I am impressed I could turn a 27 a well as I did though.

Long story? But there wasn't any Sheriff, Fire Department, upset neighbors, really fast cars, surly fisherman, 'Nuclear Honda' drivers, water police, Dept of Natural Resources, Ford Rangers, chainsaws, or even a transient. I'm just sayin...

Long story? But there wasn't any Sheriff, Fire Department, upset neighbors, really fast cars, surly fisherman, 'Nuclear Honda' drivers, water police, Dept of Natural Resources, Ford Rangers, chainsaws, or even a transient. I'm just sayin...
No Jim, no naked hookers with buckteeth. Sorry to waste your time.:poke:

! Sim, you heard about the scantily clothed, lady of the evening, all the way back there? First of all, it wasn't me, no mater what 'Gleamin Dave" says. And second of all, That werent no lady.

For the record,
I bought this prop and sold it thinking it was a 23p. I've never heard or seen of a prop being stamped 23 on the outside and something else on the inside but it makes since why I couldn't turn it up enough. Glad someone finally got the answer to this prop.
I am impressed I could turn a 27 a well as I did though.

The Cooler must of been at empty!

This would be the perfect prop for a sleeper boat.

"Yeah, its got a stock small block.....nothing crazy. I can barely turn that little 23p prop i have on there..."

Back