• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2800SX Cabin Pictures

JUPITER PULSARE

After digging into the Checkmate-boats.com archives for the purpose of motivating me on my next project..I came accross Burkes 2800SX. Hopefully I'll be able to reinstall the cabin into the 2800SX I'm buying and get it to look like this!! The cabin in this boat is beautiful and classic!!

Attachments

• BURKS 2800 CABIN.jpg
    BURKS 2800 CABIN.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 177
  • BURKS 2800 V-BIRTH.jpg
    BURKS 2800 V-BIRTH.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 174
  • BURKS 2800 COCKPIT.jpg
    BURKS 2800 COCKPIT.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 163
Jup, do you think you will keep the Gil brackets?

Shannon, the Gil brackets were re-powder coated when the boat was re-rigged. If they're in good shape they will stay on the boat. I'm sure the 24' of setback will help the overall speed and handling vs hanging the motors off the transom..

Reactions: SCT
Looks Great, That is a purrdy boat. The question I have is, Are going to and are you ready to change your boating style? I know you have a long history of chasing the last MPH flying down the dead flat swannie river or whatever with buddies. So whats in the future? Oh yah, one more question, Is it only private parties in the stabbin cabin or is everyone invited? :p

Last edited:
Love those 2800's ----- is yours gonna have the same wood style cabin --- that'll look awesome.

Looks Great, That is a purrdy boat. The question I have is, Are going to and are you ready to change your boating style? I know you have a long history of chasing the last MPH flying down the dead flat swannie river or whatever with buddies. So whats in the future? Oh yah, one more question, Is it only private parties in the stabbin cabin or is everyone invited? :p

Boating style will remain the same. I'll still chase down every mph within limitations of my budget. My plan is to keep the the powerplants cheap and simple (2.4 Merc 200's) for the time being. They get me on the water and I should exceed 70MPH once propped correctly. I really want to focus on having a brand new cockpit installed. New drop out bolsters and stands, new rear seat vinyl, Pirelli flooring, and maybe install some combing panels with built in speaker/drink holder pods. I've retained the original teak dash panels as templates and will have new anodized aluminum panels built and a new set of Livorsi gages in the future. Once the cockpit is finished I'll begin the cabin with new headliner, carpet and then reinstall the original teak bulkheads, cabinets and galley..

Back