• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

84 Exciter factory stringers

jmfly

Hi, I'm new to the forum but am redoing a 1984 Enticer. Did the factory use stringers at 90 degree angles to the main stringer? Also, my boat was pretty much gutted when I got it, but there is a black, rubber like surface on the inside of the hull. It will have to come off before the new floor and all the other wood can be reinstalled, but is this factory? Thanks for any help.

There might be black gel coat, but it shouldn't be rubbery. I wonder if someone used some flex-seal on it.

The Enticer pretty much had one stringer running right up the middle right under the floor. Then probably a boxed area around the back where the bilge pump would go. Then the floor would be filled with flotation foam, which would support the floor and you wouldn't need any other braces.

You could run this boat without that stringer or the floor, neither are structural on this boat.

Welcome to the Forum.

Thanks Cooperider. I have looked at many restoration pictures on the forum, but did not see any cross stringers that were factory. It makes sense to add a few when redoing the main stringer, to give the floor more support. The black "stuff" could be flex steel. When I tried to grind it, it smoked and smelled like burnt rubber. It is going to be a time consuming job to remove it. I do have one more question. On the switch panel on the console, one of the switch's is labeled "fuel on/ fuel off." I am going to trace out all the wiring, but can't find any reason for this switch. The engine has been changed from original and is now a 1973 Johnson 85 HP, and doesn't have any electric fuel pump. Any thoughts on this? This is a fantastic forum, and has helped me a lot in figuring out what goes where. Again thanks for any information.

The fuel on/off switch is most likely there to power up your fuel level gauge. My Pulsare is set up that way as well. It allows you to check your fuel level gauge without turning the key while you are filling the gas tank.

Thanks TMR. I haven't traced out all the wiring yet, but that one had me scratching my head. When I get more used to uploading pictures, I will add some so everyone can see what I'm dealing with.

Back