• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

'89 starflite seats replaced wth new Pulsare seats?

rover1225

Does anyone know if the new more organic shaped Pulsare seats will fit into a Starflite? I am new to the community (GREAT SITE!) and will be tearing into a new to me '89 Starflite over the winter. The usual structural issues I have read about here (thank you for all the tips!). Probably a bad transom, a few soft spots in the floor, seats that dont want to saty bolted down, and wet foam.... so guess what? It sounds like a winter project to me (which is GREAT, because now I don't have to finish the basement re-model, or the upstairs bathroom re-model, or seal the back deck!:bounce:).

I realize the shape of the backseat in the Pulse is rounded and have seen some earlier Pulse pics where there was a rounded trim board cut to fit in between the round back of the backseat and the square cockpit opening. The newer Pulses have a round cockpit opening with no need for the trim board....but I was wondering of I coulf plug and play with a newer Pulse seat set up? It would look so SWEEET!:lol:

Checkmate factory will make you NEW Starflite interior with all the new plastic materials used on new boats. Complete 'Flite interior is $1800 right now. I will be ordering new stuff for my project as well. Everyone that has got new factory stuff has be wow'd... local shop around here using my old soggy frames still wanted $1K for covers and foam only. Well worth the $1800 IMO...

Welcome, post a pic or two of the boat!

Great looking seats!

Thank you for the pics, and I LOVE the seats with checker pattern. Mine (pics ARE coming) are red whit and blue. Funny, I JUST got back from dinner with the family (BTW? WTF:confused: is this "seats 8" in a Starflite?!) and the passenger seat is ripping out of the floor! :mad:YIKES...but fear not, I ahve tools, I have hands, and I have a great forum with all this stuff you guys have posted!

So, back to the seats...honestly this pattern is Plan B, I just love the smooth organic lines of the pulse seats (they must be optional) and I would love to round the corners of the back seat....and $1,800 for new seats of that quality is a great deal!

The first year Starflites had the rounded rear seats in them, but Checkmate no longer has the patterns for them.

I bit the bullet today Mike helped me out, and I ordered new from seats from the ZRT2300 and they are doing up a complete back bench and side bolsters for the Starflite, all in the Red-White- Blue motif of the original
checkmate_boat_zt-230-br-cockpit_2012.jpg

I believe the "seats 8" is because Checkmate used the same plate on the Starliner, which is the BR version of the Starflite. At least that's what the plate on my Starliner says.

I'm going the same route. New interior with new style buckets pictured above. One concern I have about the "new" seats is the width. They do appear a little wider than the "old" style buckets. I also tried to talk Mike into making a custom front wrap around front bench like the new pulsares have, but he didn't want to bite on the custom aspect of that.

Post up the pics when you get em' in!

I am unclear about the exact width of the very cool and flowing new front buckets, but all the seats that I looked at were all about the same dimensions within about 2" in diameter. I am pulling out the floor, so for my situation, I will just move them inboard an inch or so if I need to. The originals were not even symmetrical, port was 12 inches from the plywood riser, and starboard was 12.75.

I am unclear about the exact width of the very cool and flowing new front buckets, but all the seats that I looked at were all about the same dimensions within about 2" in diameter. I am pulling out the floor, so for my situation, I will just move them inboard an inch or so if I need to. The originals were not even symmetrical, port was 12 inches from the plywood riser, and starboard was 12.75.

Yep...that was my plan as well. Are they going to be four color seats or 3? All of the new seats I've seen are 4 color, but mike said they would only do a three color on the interior, just wondering if he's making an exception for you or if the seats and the rest of the interior are going to be slightly different?

He said the seats would be just like in the picture, substituting red and blue for the yellow and black, and there would be silver in it too, just like the pics. So, I guess it's going to white, red, blue, sliver....I am putting silver powder coated grab handles, and a silver powder coated bezel on the Perko battery switch, so it should all tie in together well. I think my only decorating challenge is to match the blue carpet to the seats, so I have to wait till they show up for that.

I am also adding LED Rope lights under the gunwale, and learned something that I guess I knew, but when rearching it I wanted ICE BLUE to wash down into the cockpit when I am beached at nite at the local dinner spots, party bars....so I got that ready to go. Then I read that if you leave them on while driving you will have some residual night blindness from the lights....not a good thing to be going 60mph at night and not be able to see 'cuz of the lights in your cockpit (at least I think so...maybe I am control or safety freak).... so I order a pair of RED LED rope lights for piloting at night....red won't mess up your night vision! How cool is that?!

So now it's blue when parked to look way cool, and red when under way so I can find my beer when I drop it....our watch the twins bounce, I mean no sense in wasting a visual opportunity now, is there?

Apx. 6-7- yrs ago I took the original buckets added apx 10in -12ic to the rear and made race style buckets. Made a pattern out of aluminum. Used 2 pieces/made a sleeve and pop riveted and glassed over them. For a home made job with apx $500.00 into the whole thing . It didn't turn out half bad. And with the buckets sticking out of the hull It looks like its doing a 110 mphs.

63739502209_0_ALB.jpg

131-1.jpg

You did an awesome job, it reminds me of the river running jet boats I used to see at the Colorado River in Parker as a kid....that things looks fast as hell ... I am jealous of your craftsmanship skills! I had to outsource mine, but we kept all the jobs here in the USA

He said the seats would be just like in the picture, substituting red and blue for the yellow and black, and there would be silver in it too, just like the pics. So, I guess it's going to white, red, blue, sliver....

So now it's blue when parked to look way cool, and red when under way so I can find my beer when I drop it....our watch the twins bounce, I mean no sense in wasting a visual opportunity now, is there?

lol...you're reading my mind! I'm doing the same thing. I'm also going to add bow and stern lights. The sternlights I'm going to use are from oceanLED.com they look pretty cool when parked at night. The rope LED's are simply awesome. The have to go in there. If you youtube ropelighting and boats you'll see some pretty cool vids of boats with tricked out lighting. I wondering if there wan't some way to have rope led's on the outside...perhaps in the rub rail...that way when you're cruising at night you could have red led lights bouncing from front to back. (kind like KITT form Knightrider) anyway...you're on the right track!

If your interested in a great light for the back take a look at one of these. I have one and it is great. Solid stainless six LED and quality product that works great (bright as hell).

P3070302.jpg

P3070304.jpg
P3070303.jpg

Back