• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

A Couple of Minor Announcements

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gang,

Just a couple of minor announcements...

A little while ago I set up a little facebook home page for Checkmate-Boats.com website.

I don't and didn't want to take away from some of the other facebook pages that members have created, so that's why I didn't publically announce it. A few people have already stumbled upon our facebook page and *liked* it and thank you to those who have.

The real intention of our facebook page is that it acts as more or less like a placeholder of sorts, as it's quite likely that somewhere in the future that we will add the option of allowing members to use or link their facebook login to their registration here. There will probably also be some other small facebook integrations available that we'll look at adding if it makes sense.

Right now, adding any of that is largely dependant on us upgrading our forum software to either a newer version of vBulletin (vB4) or alternatively to something else like IPB. To date, I've been reluctant to update to the newest vBulletin 4 software as most of the communities that I've seen update to it, have had issues of one kind or another. Also, many members don't seem to like vB4 as compared to vB3. So for the time being, I've decided to stay put where we are until there is a clearly superior forum platform to update to. Or alternatively, at some point we may be forced to upgrade if vB3 becomes an unsupported version of vBulletin.

So in anticipation of what's coming in the future with these types of additional options, I've created a Checkmate-Boats.com facebook page. I also created similar pages for Endless Boating and Political Interference. Because Political Interference runs on different software (IPB), I have already added the facebook login and *like* features, if for no other reason than as a way to test things. There is also a mobile version of Political Interference as well, which you can access from your iPhone or BlackBerry. I've tested Political Interference on my BlackBerry and it's pretty slick. Additionally, I've tested out the facebook login on P.I. and it also works well.

At any rate, I'll give you the links to these pages and sites and you can have a "look-see" if you like and let me know what you think. Perhaps you'll contribute a pic of something to our facebook page. If anything, it gives you a minor look at some of the little things I've been working on over the winter and a glimpse of what's in the pipeline and likely to come in the future. :)

Checkmate-Boats.com facebook home page...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checkmate-Boatscom-Community-Forums/176246125745916

Endless Boating facebook home page....
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Check...ssBoatingcom-Community-Forums/134482069949530

Political Interference facebook home page...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Check...rferencecom-Discussion-Forums/201638479851807

Political Interference Regular home page...

http://community.politicalinterference.com/forums/

If you visit P.I. using your smart phone, the software is set up to hopefully recognize you're using a mobile browser and load the mobile skin - mine didn't do this though. If your doesn't, then you have to scroll down to the bottom of the home page and choose I.P. Mobile as the skin and then you're good to go.

I've also got set up twitter accounts for Checkmate-Boats.com and also Endless Boating.com. I truthfully don't use them too often, but I might utilize them more in the future, or to update people if the site goes down for some reason.

Here are the links to our twitter pages...

Checkmate-Boats.com twitter page - Please note that it was set up for use with the old twitter format. I'll likely update the background for the new twitter sometime in the future. So if you would like to follow our twitter pages, here are the links.

http://twitter.com/CheckForums

Endless Boating.com twitter home page...

http://twitter.com/EndlessBoating

Feel free to check out some of these additional things if you like and let me know what you think. :)

-Chris

Thanks Guys.

Thanks for contributing the pic Ross.

Now if I could just figure out how to take photos from the gallery and move them to the front page I'd be all set.

Anyone know how other than downloading and then reuploading? :)

-Chris

are you trying to take a pic from the gallery and make it the pic where the horse head is? your "profile pic"? maybe i'm lost here....

Hi Ross,

What I wanted to do is take a pic from the gallery and put in on that bar of pics on the wall.

I figured I'd replace the pics of my boat with a bunch from all of you guys. :)

-Chris

the only way i can think of would be go to the gallery, copy the link for the pic you want and link the pic to the facebook page. dont think it would show up as a pic though, it would just link you to this sites gallery.....

I think I can probably download them and then upload them.

If you guys want me to put one of your pics on the wall let me know. Perhaps you can give me what you feel is your best single pic and I'll load 'er up. :)

-Chris

Back