• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Albany Saratoga Memorial Weekend

Wildman78

Anyone local going out today or tomorrow? I finally got my new tow vehicle and hitch installed yesterday. I plan on getting the boat out and running this morning and going out for a few hours today and tomorrow.

Well I launched just off exit 18 of the northway today. It's a small part of the river but was nice. Nice little area to just float around and do some fishing or swim etc. She ran well all day so I was pretty happy with that. I still have a few things to do but the initial test drive was good. I have some video I'll get up later.

I plan on going to Saratoga lake for a few hours on Sunday of anyone is around.

Saw 2 checkmates out on the lake today. The lake was a disaster!!! 1 million people everywhere and very rough. It was not even enjoyable. Then took me an hour of waiting and BS to get my boat out of the water because it was a absolute zoo. Then some dude with a jetski clogged it all up. In fact the stress of the day has made me second guess my boating future...

I have to say the boat ran great all day and yesterday. The 4 blade prop i put on made a huge difference. She comes right out of the water now and the throttle response is excellent. she will only run low 60's now but that's ok.

Are you still ripping around this area? I Could have my boat down here soon. Seems like I want to stay away from lake George because of costs and amount of people. Saratoga lake gets rather boring and has lots of people. I was thinking Sacandaga would be the best bet! I did go kayaking on a part of the Hudson of Spier falls road that was pretty cool though.

Are you still ripping around this area? I Could have my boat down here soon. Seems like I want to stay away from lake George because of costs and amount of people. Saratoga lake gets rather boring and has lots of people. I was thinking Sacandaga would be the best bet! I did go kayaking on a part of the Hudson of Spier falls road that was pretty cool though.

I actually live in Moreau just off exit 17 right by spire falls road. I like to go down to the Hudson River and launch at lock 5 in schuylerville. There is a good run of river there that's pretty nice. It's also not very busy either.

I have never been to sacandaga. I also haven't been back to Saratoga lake. It's nice If you just wanna go and chill but it is busy and not a lot of cruising can be done.

I actually live in Moreau just off exit 17 right by spire falls road. I like to go down to the Hudson River and launch at lock 5 in schuylerville. There is a good run of river there that's pretty nice. It's also not very busy either.

I have never been to sacandaga. I also haven't been back to Saratoga lake. It's nice If you just wanna go and chill but it is busy and not a lot of cruising can be done.

out of Lock 5 is the water good for swimming?

out of Lock 5 is the water good for swimming?

I swam in it this weekend. I'm not glowing in the dark and didn't grow any extra appendages. It didn't smell or taste funny and looked clean. Good enough for me. Other people were swimming and skiing/tubing so it can't be to bad.

Back