• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bass team gets thrown from boat.

Wow. Good to see the tether cord and self deploying life vests doing what their supposed to do.
Maybe a pair of full face helmets are in order?

Didn't look like that big of a wake, but this is why I always wear my PFD with the kill switch tether attached....

I think when you are up on the pad, it doesn't take much to upset the balance on Bass boats and other smaller boats.

Well, here's my opinion about bass fisherman
phuck em
Glad they're ok but they hate us powerboaters as much as we hate them
They fly by on their fast boats but I guess we're different
They think they own the lake and the boat ramps
I can't tell you how many times the wife and I are enjoying a nice calm bay and these aholes come by with full wake.
There, I said it
phuck em

Last edited:
Well, here's my opinion about bass fisherman
phuck em
Glad they're ok but they hate us powerboaters as much as we hate them
They fly by on their fast boats but I guess we're different
They think they own the lake and the boat ramps
I can't tell you how many times the wife and I are enjoying a nice calm bay and these aholes come by with full wake.
There, I said it
phuck em

As a owner of both powerboats and bassboats, I respect both sides. In the checkmate I'm on the oppsite of the guys fishing, most of the time I slow down and idle by. In my ranger basser same thing try to stay on opposite side. Not all bassers are bad, the worse ones are the wakeboarders. Bass boats don't have much of a wake if any at WOT. :poke:

Agree, Not all bass boaters are the same
We used to live on a lake and majority were in a hurry to catch fish and didn't abide by the no wake areas
They make a wake as big as a wake board boat and don't seem to care
They come by us within 20 to 30 feet with a wake that we're grabbing our drinks
I can't imagine if we did the same while they're fishing

Back