• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bob Klemann's CM Tunnel Project

SCT

I'm posting some pictures for a new CM member and friend who bought a 70s era Checkmate Sprint tunnel off of Craigslist (and out bid me!). I believe the 14' Sprint was made to race in the APBA Sport E (or SE) race class back in the 70s. The class allowed a motor CI up to 49.9 and most folks ran either the 75 OMCs or Merc 80s.

As you can see from the pictures, he is already knee deep into the restoration project. I'll let Bob (Klemann) tell you all about the boat and what he has planned for it.

Here are a few pixs of the boat when he picked it up:
http://checkmate-boats.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/12067/title/74-15/cat/512

And here are a few of the restoration:

Attachments

• 100_4295.jpg
    100_4295.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_4292.jpg
    100_4292.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 143
Is that the one from out by me?

Yes Sir Resides in Lawrenceburg IN, if your on this side of town your welcome to come over, SCT has all the updated pictures, this boats about 16 hours away to start fiber glassing back together,
The boat was sponsor by Chicken of the Sea, after buffing and area, the vinyl lettering was in the memory of the gel coat, sure like to find the original owner

I'll have to get ahold of you to check it out sometime. I live in cheviot so that's definitely close.

That looks like a boat that a friend used to race back in 1976. Went and watched him race 1 time. Going to watch him interfered with me racing my stockcar so I only went the 1 time.

Coors light is a good choice for boat restoration; enough alcohol to keep you from getting too frustrated but not enough to make you F things up. Carry on, looking good. :bigthumb:

Back