• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

bravo 1 vs promax

rocket1

anyone can explain me why my propeller promax make my boat more stable at hi speed ``70 mph `` than bravo one . pitch 24 for bravo and 24. 5 promax .

my boat is pulsar br 24

for the speed the promax is better because it`s very more stable, porpoise and chine walking, the problem with pro max is cavitation at start i reduce with open hole `` vent system ``my top speed is 78 mph with good condition

Merci Bien encore. 78 mph is very good but I assume that is a 400R with a Sportmaster lower unit? Have you tried raising the engine higher if the water pressure allows? Sometimes that will reduce the chine walking. The last 2019 BRX Checkmate sold with a 400R had trim tabs on the back I believe to reduce the porpoising with the heavier 400R. Dean told me if I order a 400R I must order the trim tabs as well, but I purchased the slower 300R.

Merci Bien encore. 78 mph is very good but I assume that is a 400R with a Sportmaster lower unit? Have you tried raising the engine higher if the water pressure allows? Sometimes that will reduce the chine walking. The last 2019 BRX Checkmate sold with a 400R had trim tabs on the back I believe to reduce the porpoising with the heavier 400R. Dean told me if I order a 400R I must order the trim tabs as well, but I purchased the slower 300R.

I actually test drove that 400R BRX in Bucyrus with Dean. It had a 23P Bravo FS prop and he ran it up to 76 mph with my wife and me in the boat. It was very stable but Dean was sawing the wheel to keep it from chine walking and did a good job doing it. I drove it to about 72 mph because the boat was so new to me and the reservoir was so small and it felt fine up to 72 mph but was starting to feel like it was going to chine walk. The prop shaft was perhaps 1" below the hull or less when I looked at it when we got back and it surprised me how fast it came on the plane with the engine at that height.

for sur put trim tab can help btu at high speed i think they will don`t touch water . porpoise happen not too high speed and with promax propeller that acceptable but the chin walk it`one more think

How much set back is your Atlas jack plate? The 400R has about 5" of set back built into the bracket. So if you have a 10" set back you really have 15" of set back. Some members here with that much set back with a 400R had bad porpoising and other handling issues and had to change to 6" of jack plate set back which would be 11" total set back. I have an Atlas hydraulic jack plate with 10" of set back on my 300R

Back