• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHawk Trailers is Out of Business

Sam I am

Not sure why...but they've closed their doors. Looks like I got the last one...collector's item.

Well, I guess that helps me decide between a c-hawk or an aluminum trailer....

I hate to hear that because after seeing how easy ekick's boat loaded on his c-hawk at the owners rally, that's the way I was leaning.

The way c-hawk places the bottom bunks the boat can't help but go on the trailer perfect. They are 16' long and hug the bottom. I think any trailer manufacturer should be able to do that.

Always been happy with my c hawk. Set up very nicely and loads easily. Also loaded with options from 4 wheel disk to the built on storage box. I'd hope it does good though since the previous owner of my boat was the owner of c hawk.

I ordered a new Pulsare 2000BR in 2006. The dealer I bought it from told me I got the last C-Hawk trailer because they were going out of business. That was 10 years ago.....

My Eagle loaded very easily on my 253. That was a good trailer....albeit I think it was rusting prematurely, but then again it was 16 years old.

Check out Manning Marine as well. I have one of their big trailers under my new boat and it is built like a tank. Fits hull very nicely and isn't terribly rusty considering previous owner left it outside all the time when boat was on lift.

I ordered a new Pulsare 2000BR in 2006. The dealer I bought it from told me I got the last C-Hawk trailer because they were going out of business. That was 10 years ago.....

They did give up back then but restarted a while later. I think Doug Smith kept them busy enough to stay open for a while during his ownership of Checkmate. I don't think the factory is turning out enough boats the last three years to keep anyone in business...

Venture

Any boat will load on any bunk trailer nicely if trailer is properly adjusted for the boat. My " other boat" is a 28' Marinette express cruiser, with a single straight inboard. I bought a Venture aluminum trailer last year for it and it literally loads up almost as easily as my starflite does. Mind you I spent probably about 5 hours adjusting the bunks on the trailer since I bought it and there is still some fine tuning needed. Long story short is the Venture trailers are a good quality aluminum I beam trailer for anyone looking. Spring for the optional guide bunks in the front. In my mind they are not optional.....

Hate to see anyone go under but I've never understood why one would buy a painted metal trailer with galvanized and aluminum ones out there. Even in fresh water their going to rust before the other options.

My Chariot Trailer still looks and tows good. Its a 88' but I dont think they even make boat trailers any more.

Back