• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate 270 BR cruising on the Ohio

ckaluger

My wife, daughter and granddaughters in the 270 BR traveling north on the Ohio River, about MP-95 just south of Wheeling Wva. The first bridge is the historic RR Bridge connecting Bellaire Ohio and Benwood Wva. The bridge was used for filming in the movie Unstoppable with Denzel Washington. The second bridge is the now abandoned “toll” bridge also a century old. We pass by the closed Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel plant that used to employ a couple of thousand people and then finally past a facility owned by the company I work for, Murray Energy; The Ohio County Coal Company’s coal preparation plant and barge loading facility.
Anyway this was a nice enjoyable day and one of many nice rides.
Please excuse the fat finger in the video!!
Chuck

https://youtu.be/E8_CZ7G_dv8

Thanks for the comments, the 270 BR is not for everyone, and this one is certainly not a speed demon, but it will run a little over 60 with the 496 MAG, and it is pretty decent on fuel. The mid cabin does not have a lot of room, but you can change clothes, get out of the weather, and two small granddaughters can take a snooze. It does suffer from the Convincor bounce, so at lower speeds, less than 40, I have the tabs down as most all other Convincor owners do. Apart from the the room and the access from the front of the boat when beached, the best thing for me, boating on the Ohio, I don't have to slow down for any water conditions (Tow boat wake).

Back