• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate-Boats.com 8th Anniversary

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gang,

Today, September 17, 2010 marks eight years since the forum officially started up. So it was on this day, way back on September 17, 2002 that we first kicked open the doors on the Checkmate forums.

I'd like to thank everyone past and present who has contributed to making the forums that they are, we couldn't have done it without all of you.

Here's looking forward to year #9. :cheers:

-Chris

Thank You

Dear Chris I want to Thank You for the Checkmate Forum and for Your Friendship. You Have Done so Much for Checkmate and all of us here on Your Checkmate Forum. This is a Great Forum for all These Great Checmate Owners to be able to come here and Help Each other out and Enjoy New Friends and Hi-Performance Fun. Thanks Again My Dear Friend...Best Wishes Always...Sammie-Action Marine

Chris,

Your vision and efforts have become an invaluable asset to all Checkmate owners that have ventured here.
I consider myself lucky to have found this forum. Many members have helped me through my resto and setup. I still have much more to learn and this is the place to be. It gives me a sense of pride, when I can be helpful to others, with my limited knowledge.

Keep up the great work. I will remain a supporting member for many years to come.

THANK YOU!

Jim

Special thanks to Chris for keeping this alive! Two big things in my life changed in September 8 years ago. This site was built and hosted by Chris, and I decided to start working out (excercising). What a difference both have made!

I've made a lot of good friends because of this site. Had visits to my home from a few! Hope to meet you in person some day Chris!

I think we need some T-shirts made. I've got Scream and Fly T-shirts and a jacket, but no Checkmate-boats.com to wear out on the town!

hey chris thanks to you i have been able to meet some very cool people. even though i have not meet them in person, i feel like they are still my freinds from down the street. so its a big kudo's to you and all the help thats on this forum. thanks charles authement. welsh la.

Hats off to you Chris for running a good forum, I know sometimes its hard with the bs that gets started here sometimes. :lol: Yah I know im guilty for starting some of it :bigthumb:

Chris you have defintly done a GREAT JOB !!! This forum has been fantastic and there is alot of great people on here too !!! Met up with a few on the Saginaw river in august which was a blast . Also caught back up with a very good friend too ...... :thumb:

Thanks Chris, Great job. I check into the forum almost every day. Lotta' great people here and a lot of good info. :thumb:

Thanks ;
Bob (Jetmate)

Congrats on another year!!! I enjoy conversing with the other members here even met a few in person. The site has invaluable knowledge for rebuilding motors, floors transoms, painting etc for the DIYer's. Keep up the good work!:thumb:

The information I've been able to get from the folks on checkmate-boats has been a huge help for my Eluder rebuild. :thumb:

So Chris, as an anniversary promotion will you be giving away a new Checkmate? :D

OK, maybe a hat?? :banana:

Thanks for everything you've done Chris! Because of your dedication I, like so many of us, get to participate and be connected to Checkmate boating even when we can't be out on our boats. Most importantly- we get to share it with our extended cyber family.
Good work, Happy Birthday and many more!

Thanks Chris

I have been fortunate enough to meet a few people from the site over the years. Great place, great info, great people!

Hey Gang,

I would like to thank everyone for all the REALLY kind comments, believe me they mean a lot and are very much appreciated.

The fact that the community means so much to so many and that it has helped numerous people over the years really makes things worthwhile. As I've said before, I never envisioned the site becoming what it has become over the years. When I initially set the site up, I figured at best we'd have a small hang out for a few of the Checkie fans that were kicking around on some of the various other boating sites. To see how the site has grown over the years, still amazes me each day as I see the various list of little milestones grow.

But the truth is that although many of you are thanking me, the thanks really belongs and goes out to all of you. Because without all of you, there would be no community, there would be no help and the site wouldn't be the resource that it is, as it's all of you that helped build what is here.

When I look at just the people who posted in this thread, I could go member by member pointing out the contributions that all of you have made to making the community what it is.

So from JW and Gus for their eight years of super-modding efforts, to Sammie and his vintage Checkie gallery scans and contributions, to Big Red and his fun contributions and amazing support, to MATT and his original rebuild thread that he did so many years ago that inspired so many to do the same! And that's just a few people being mentioned who posted in this thread alone, there are so many others past and present who contributed so much as well. I wish I could mention and thank everyone as they deserve.

In the end, I really thank all of YOU and I only hope I've found the right words to express the true thanks that all of you deserve.

So thanks again and I look forward to year number nine. :thumb:

-Chris

Back