• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate Trailer Manufacturer

jmarcum

I have a 2005 ZT 260 and I need parts for the brake actuator. Anyone know who the trailer manufacturer was or where to find parts?

Back then Checkmate used C-Hawk for a lot of them, but Dealers could buy and supply their own trailers if they wanted and some did, so yours might be a different make.
C-hawk is out of business if I recall correctly. Regardless trailer brake hardware is rather universal and you can likely find parts at any supply store.

My 2002 was Heritage trailer with disc brakes. There should be a name on surge brake unit. But all the brake systems are made by several companies.

Thanks guys. It is indeed a C-Hawk trailer and an Atwood actuator. Both are out of business. Sadly, the actuator is welded on the trailer so I'm having it cut off, and a piece of steel welded on so I can bolt in a new actuator.

I found a brake actuator for my 1995 C-Hawk trailer online at ORielly Auto Parts. Also looks to be a good selection of parts at etrailer.com

I found a brake actuator for my 1995 C-Hawk trailer online at ORielly Auto Parts. Also looks to be a good selection of parts at etrailer.com

You mean just the parts to repair it? Mine is welded on. I just bought a new actuator, which arrived today, with the intent of having my cut off the trailer, having steel welded on and bolting the new one to the steel. I'd really rather not do that if I can avoid it.

If it's a C Hawk trailer the actuator/master cylinder should have four bolts holding it on from the top. I replaced my master and the shock on my old C Hawk trailer.

If it's a C Hawk trailer the actuator/master cylinder should have four bolts holding it on from the top. I replaced my master and the shock on my old C Hawk trailer.

How long ago were you able to find one? I went and took mine off today, the part number is stamped right on it. The 3 parts I need are below, they are sold out everywhere I looked.

Atwood Brake Actuator Push Rod Kit #85852
Atwood Brake Actuator Repl Shock #85830
Lippert ATWOOD MASTER CYLINDER #85841

It was probably about 4 years ago, I either googled until I found them or bought off of Amazon.

How long ago were you able to find one? I went and took mine off today, the part number is stamped right on it. The 3 parts I need are below, they are sold out everywhere I looked.

Atwood Brake Actuator Push Rod Kit #85852
Atwood Brake Actuator Repl Shock #85830
Lippert ATWOOD MASTER CYLINDER #85841

Maybe take the master cylinder to a brake shop and see if they can rebuild it?

Reactions: TMR
Back