• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE WEEKEND 2014

I did like the solitude of the Chester River. Lack of speed limits was good too. But we can check around.

Ah here we ago again. I was gonna wait till the first of december.:)

As with every year I'm open to whatever the majority decides.
I really liked the glass house. We had no one to bother use, basically no rules and Sim could be Sim without us getting kicked out.:rof:
I don't think we would be able to run wide open up and down the front of a marina like we could at the house and have camp fires till the sun comes up tilting back beverages and not worrying about noise. Its also really hard to find a plce that is large enough and smooth enough for all the boats to run together and even be able to go to resturants and such which was really nice on the Chester. There are a few marinas-hotels around the house where poeple could stay if they wanted a more cushy place to stay or don't have a boat to stay on and still do the house for those that are good with it and a central meeting/party pad.

This is the 4th year putting this thing together and no one has been able to find a spot that is exactly perfect for everyone but I think the house is as close as weve gotten so far and every year where growing and getting better. So you can probaly see I'm all in for the house again but always open to bigger and better things. :surf:

Bwah ha ha ha!!!
I'm with keith on the glass house (BTW, keith- Peace On You too:rof:)
What a great time we had.
Dat be da party place! (except for the muddy yard)
Would love to see all the people from last year ( good Lord, merc had such a spread
out in the lobby) plus everybody Westward who's threatening to come. How sweet would that be?
I just spent 5 minutes vacationing in my head in advance.
Boo Ya.
Will text Spence. He's expecting another spawn. Like that matters.
I'll remind him of priorities.

I liked the house a lot. Definitely was well rounded for all the boats. Its early so figured this would be a good time to see if we stay the same or change it up a bit. Only thing with the glass house was all the cockroaches in all the food.

I missed that part staying on the pier. Would have to ask for it to be taken care of before the next stay.

The house was full of them. Steph woke up with one on her head. We found some in the bread and when we were cleaning up the left over food we found some more.

I plan on being back again! tho i havent decided if i will bring the boat or just show up in my brothers... (need to talk him into selling that Formula and buying a Check!!) We loved the Chester last year and even went back for a family vacation later in the year. We stayed at a camp ground a little north of Chestertown for that and it was great! We might even stay there for the bash this year depending on what the plan ends up being!!

I plan on being back again! tho i havent decided if i will bring the boat or just show up in my brothers... (need to talk him into selling that Formula and buying a Check!!) We loved the Chester last year and even went back for a family vacation later in the year. We stayed at a camp ground a little north of Chestertown for that and it was great! We might even stay there for the bash this year depending on what the plan ends up being!!

Is the camp ground on the water?

it is. The dock space is a little limited and shallow.. Caseys 25 foot Formula ended up sitting on the bottom tied in the slip. They have a ramp also but again it is only usable at high tide. Its called Duck Neck campground if you want to check it out. We just tent camped and it was a very nice place for us. It caters pretty heavy to seasonal campers and is dated but was clean. The biggest down fall was idle zones. They are porely marked and so we were never really sure if we could open her up or if we were in one.

Here are some pics from our tent site.

phone034_zps3e4f61e6.jpg

phone033_zps2b7e1d43.jpg

phone038_zpse52a7ec7.jpg

phone037_zpsf49bdd00.jpg

phone034_zps99b76150.jpg

phone035_zps6abd341b.jpg

Are the sites on the water? At Sacandaga you can beach your boat at your site and tie it to a tree. :bigthumb:

only 2 of the sites were actually on the water. The rest were set back a little. all of the tent sites were within a stones throw though. there were several people that anchored between the dock and shore but as Chris said there was a pretty substantial tidal surge still. if i remember correctly it was probably 2.5-3 feet from low tide to high. The 2 pics of the dock show the low tide and high tide. In the low tide pic the boat is listing slightly cause it is actually sitting in the muck slightly. we could still move it but wouldnt start it!

Last edited:
Back