• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Convincer gauges

theresa

I have a bad volt and water temp gauge in my 99 259.I can't find any name brand on the gauges but the clock says Gaffrig.Id like to find matching replacements.Anyone have a idea what brand these might be or where to get them? Thanks

If you can, post up some pictures of the gauges. If they are the same as the ones in my 98 Convincor, I can send you my stock ones. I replaced all of mine with Autometer when I put the new motor in and the stock ones are just sitting in a box. They all worked perfectly when I took them out.

Pics

photo.php

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157128803145992&l=df58829768

photo.php

That would be great! Could not figure out how to get pics up. Had to get a friend to do it. Hope you can see them.
Thanks a million!

Sorry, mine are black faced. You might have to pull one of them and see if the brand name is on the back. I wish I could have helped you out more.

No problem thanks for the offer.Were you able to use the old connection plugs with the new Auto Meter gauges?

No problem thanks for the offer.Were you able to use the old connection plugs with the new Auto Meter gauges?

My stock ones had ring lugs on posts, so I was able to cut the rings off and attach the wires to the plugs that came with the autometers. The hardest part of the job was contorting my body and hands to get behind the dash to tighten everything down all while keeping the gauges straight. To me, it was really worth the time and money to put the new gauges in. It really updated the looks of the dash.

image.jpg

533-D4-B5-E-60-F8-4389-99-A7-96-D34-FE4886-C.jpg

Hey Corey were you able to use the stock fuel ,oil or temp senders with the Autometer gauges?Getting ready to order before the rebate ends 12/31

Hey Corey were you able to use the stock fuel ,oil or temp senders with the Autometer gauges?Getting ready to order before the rebate ends 12/31

I changed to a LS based engine so I needed all new sending units anyways, so I went with all new Autometer sending units.

Back