• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Coop's 1979 Eluder Restoration

cooperider

I picked up a 1979 Eluder today. The bones of it are good, like the transom and the floor. The interior and carpet have already been removed. It has some plastic dash panels that are going to have be replicated somehow, they are cracking. The trailer is wrong for the boat.

The metal flake is right on that edge, might buff out, might not. We will see.

I'm still trying to figure out the arch shaped hole on the left side dash. :confused:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20200421_093714.jpg
    20200421_093714.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20200421_093654.jpg
    20200421_093654.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 110
You get the gelcoat back on that one with just compond and I'll be impressed. I think it would need a clear gelcoat over it to hold the shine for more than a few days.

You get the gelcoat back on that one with just compond and I'll be impressed. I think it would need a clear gelcoat over it to hold the shine for more than a few days.

Yeah, it will probably need new clear. If I do, I'll put a little bit of flake in the first layer to brighten it up a bit before I switch to full clear.

A couple more pictures of the inside of this thing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20200421_093619.jpg
    20200421_093619.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200421_093638.jpg
    20200421_093638.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 89
Contemplating a solid color grey and blue paint job on this. I love flake and all, but I don't want to put that kind of time and money into this boat.

You can call me crazy if you want to, but I'm leaning that way. So many boats out there to fix.

Grey and Blue were my school colors.:D

Back