• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ct river run

I will try to be there weather permitting.will probly launch up near hartford and run down river.I think there is less no wake zones. my motor hates to idle.

i know a whole bunch of the long island guys are running up there and my friend is going with his 22' velocity and wants me to go but i gotta find out more details. have to see how long the run is too my gas tank is only 21 gallons

I will see you guys there...

Remember heavy winter coat on top and shorts on the bottom..LOL

Very muddy where we parked last year,just click bottom link to photobucket..

We are going to head up on saturday and stay in Rocky hill, A lot of guys are staying in Cromwell and going to the No Anchovies Pizza at 7:00 Saturday night.

my wife is doing something on sat,like last year..so like last year we will split jersey about 4am and be home just before midnight...LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG day...

i will more than likely be coming up on sunday for the day dont know where we are launching yet but i will be there. just out of curiousity how far do you guys usually end up running, i need to know how much fuel im gonna need to bring. my starflite only holds like 21 gallons

This will be the first time I will be able to make it. But there should be gas docks open so fuel shouldn't be a major issue, From what I understand its a very loose gathering. run where and as far as you want, drop in anywhere and meet at a beach near rocky hill, I am staying in Rocky hill Saturday night. so I can get some "practice" in on saturday with a few other guys. I'm just hoping for good weather, I have been trying to get there since 2003!

This weather sucks!

the run is postponed to next weekend, the 25th. theres a thread on s and f for anyone wanting more information. i will not be able to make it next weekend i dont think, a little disappointing, but **** happens

Keep an eye on this thread it will start to wake up with more info as it comes out, But it will probabaly be around the 17th of Oct.

It looks like it will be definitly on the 17th, Most boats are launching from haddam meddows state park, heading to Rocky hill for a pizza and then blasting up to hartford at around 2:00 or so.
I will be heading up Saturday and staying at one of the cheapy hotels in cromwell.( super 8 or the days inn). As long as its not snowing or downpouring.

I'm planning on going. I fell off a BMX bike (hitting jumps at 48 yrs old) last week and dislocated my throttle shoulder but it should be working good enough by then. The concussion and fractured cheekbone is should be OK by then too. I launch in East Hartford most often.

Jumping a BMX at 48yo!! Well I ve gotta say youve got bigger ones than me. I go out on the atv's for while and do some rock climing and jumping and I cant move for thee days afterward. And they have suspenstion!!!
Hopefully you'll heal up by then you got about 2 weeks.

hey this is last years post...Last year i was already to go and got rained out...looks like I will be flying the forsale sign again on this trip..have another boat lined up,tired of doing 60mph and way to much money to get it going faster..Looks like I maybe buying a hydrostream viking with my same 200 evinrude on back,from what i read ,it looks like the setup can touch 100mph..Love my boat but cannot afford to own two..my wife likes boating but the kids don't,,so no need for the big bowrider,anyway I will be leaving Jersey about 430am sunday morning for the last ride...

Jumping a BMX at 48yo!! Well I ve gotta say youve got bigger ones than me. I go out on the atv's for while and do some rock climing and jumping and I cant move for thee days afterward. And they have suspenstion!!!
Hopefully you'll heal up by then you got about 2 weeks.

Not such big ones really, just a huge lapse of judgement!! I think I'll leave the jumping for the boat from now on. Hope to see you on the river, I'm not ready to put it away yet.

If its nice on saturday I am going to head up run the river for a while and stay at the cromwell Super 8, (only the best for me!! 50.00 a night :):) ) If its chitty out I will head out on sunday morning and get to haddam about 9:30.
Hobie, Last year it was bumped a week and turned out the be a perfect day. Good luck with the stream!!!

502GTX, what color is your boat? Anypics?

Mine's solid white with maroon and black stripes, same colors on the interior. I don't have any pics though, I'm a big dummy with computers.

Back