• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Custom boat cover MFD

Zmegobyu

I am looking for a custom cover for my 1990 Starliner. Does anyone know of a good shop in the Cincinnati area or in close proximity (50miles or so) that doesn't charge 3 arms and 2 legs for a cover, I've had estimates of $1600 and $2000. Has anyone had experience with "Carver styled to fit covers"? Picture examples on web are not that great and kinda look like loose bags over the boat. They're cheap enough for Sunbrella but not sure it's the fit I'm looking for. Any help pointing me to a better option would be greatly appreciated!!

My brother-in-law swears by this Amish guy out by Lake Lorelie, kinda within your 50 mile radius.......Sunset tarp and tent, (937) 393-1228, he did a great job repairing my bimini, also, John's tops over of Colerain bent up my bimini frame, don't know if he does covers. And where you gettin that third arm, those can be kinda hard to find????

Last edited:
And, my son had a cover made for his Triton TR-20 bassnboat last year by a man named Jake, (513)503-2180 for around $800, good luck, let us know what happens.

Here's what I did with my Starliner and cover. I could do this because I had a new rubrail installed...you may not be able to do this if you have the original rub rail.

Starliner cover.jpg

If you're on FB join the Ohio River Boat Party, I know I've seen people post about a couple local canvas guys on there.
Side note, where are you at in Cincy?

cover

National boat covers I have used before, not custom but a lot cheaper and not a bad cover. I would go with a cover thats a little longer so it can go over the motor.

Back