• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Donations

175checkmate

Staff member
Chris has added a donation icon at the bottom of the page. Click the icon and read all about it.
Thanks in advance for helping out.

Well I made a Paypal donation, but I was expecting a place to give my message board name, it never popped up...

Ynnad (Dan)

Originally posted by ynnad:
Well I made a Paypal donation, but I was expecting a place to give my message board name, it never popped up...

Ynnad (Dan)
ynnad, I'll have a look into that. I'm not too familiar with Paypal.....this is the first time I've used it as a vendor. So I'll look and see what I have to change so that people can include their name with a donation.

Thanks for the support!

If you want to send me over a pic of your boat, or whatever you would like used for your avatar, I'll whip something up for ya.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks again. :thumb:

Members, let's support Chris' great work here!!
I only see two ribbons on posts so far showing people who have donated.

If you like this site, let's vote with our wallets and help cover some of the costs of keeping it going!

So far it is all being done out of Chris' pocket. (He may need money for gas at the marina if it ever stops raining)...

Thanks for the plug ynnad.

Just a couple of words about the donation deal.

I put the little page and icon together a week or so ago and didn't announce it. I purposely put it there quietly, because I didn't and don't want people to feel like they have to donate or that they need to donate to the site. The main reason I put the donation option on the board was because from time to time there were members that expressed their desire to contribute to the board via a donation. And we didn't have anything set up to allow them to do that. And to be honest, I somewhat resisted the idea for a pretty long time, for a number of reasons. Recently, someone commented to me that they felt, by giving the members a way to donate to the site, what it was really doing, was allowing them to "invest" in what essentially is their, and also everyone's forums. And that the donation process, actually created more of a sense of community. And I had never really looked at it from that perspective.

So, I decided to make available the donation option for y'all if you feel like it's something you would like to do. But it's certainly not expected, nor is it a necessary thing I want anyone to feel like they have to do.
icon_smile.gif

Chris'
I'm trying to create an account at Pay-Pal , but am have trouble doing so . When we get this working , some money is on the way.
Redboat

Thanks Redboat.

I thought the way we had things set up, you didn't actually have to create a paypal account. You could just donate to ours.

Chris,
Paypal had an old account from me that I hadn't used in years and some of the info on that account was no longer valid.
Fixed problem and the money is on it's way .
Thank You for such a great site .
Redboat

Thanks Redboat!

I got it.
icon_smile.gif

Let me know which pic you want to use for your avatar. And if there is anything in particular you would like, just give the word.
thumb.gif

Redboat,

Your avatar is done. The new one should show up and it should also replace most of your previous messages too, once you post a new message.

Thanks again!

I just wanted to thank Hemibee for the kind donation I received today. That was very kind, and very much appreciated. I posted a link below which goes Woody's boat, for those who may not have seen it. It is definitely one of nicest Mates around, well worth a look.
thumb.gif

Thanks again Woody!
icon_smile.gif

Hemibee's Outboard Convincor

what is the paypal acount under I would love to help out and I have a paypal account. Also how do I get a picture of my boat as a avatar.
Justin
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakedgoods222:
what is the paypal acount under I would love to help out and I have a paypal account. Also how do I get a picture of my boat as a avatar.
Justin
icon_cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>baked.....the avatar deal is pretty easy. Find a picture of what you would like to use and then crop the pic to 130 pixels by 130 pixels. Avatars are best when they are square. You can then upload the pic. You have to upload and set the avatar in your profile area. To get to your profile area, you click the GO tab at the top of the board area....then go to "my space" then profile. That will bring up the area where you can set the info about your account. On the top right hand corner there will be a link which says "View/Edit Complete Profile"....click that link. Scroll down and there is a field that says avatar/picture url. Click edit. Then click Custom Avatar and you should be able to upload the pic you cropped. Give it a try and let me know if you need more help.
icon_smile.gif

For donations, you can click the donate button on the bottom of the board and it takes you to a donation page. If you click the "make a donation" button on that page, paypal more or less guides you through the rest of the process.

I would like to thank bakedgoods for his kind donation. That was very kind, thanks for your support Justin.
icon_smile.gif

Baked was one of our very first members, in fact he a member of our original board that we first started with. Below is a link to baked's Predictor thread. It's in great shape....Check it out.

Bakedgood's Predictor

We actually just past our two year anniversary. I think it was Sept 19, 2002 that we started....if memory serves me correctly. We moved to this board a short time later in November.
icon_smile.gif

chris-i would like to make a donation- however-screw paypal-they keep records too long and have a terrible privacy policy-ask dtv end users-- so if there is another way let me know-email me an address to send a check or money order- love the site-great people-very helpful----can't wait till i get my own to brag about---thank you ----------------------------DON

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dlcss396:
chris-i would like to make a donation- however-screw paypal-they keep records too long and have a terrible privacy policy-ask dtv end users-- so if there is another way let me know-email me an address to send a check or money order- love the site-great people-very helpful----can't wait till i get my own to brag about---thank you ----------------------------DON <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You can also do it that way if you like Don. Send me an email and I'll send you the address you can send it to if you like. You can use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the board to send me an email. Or just use Chris@Checkmate-Boats.com thanks for your support, it's very much appreciated!
icon_smile.gif

Back