• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electrical issues on sportfire

Kvi

Hi,

I am restoring a CheckMate Sportfire (i think it is a 89) and are having issues with the wire harness. The main issue right now are the ground routing.

does anyone have a complete wiring diagram for the boat.
This way I can troubleshoot the issue.

There are some "rubber like" connectors, one in the back where the harness splits up for the engine and two under the dash, where there seem to be oxidation and poor connection. Are they ment to be taken appart ??

Hope you can help me out and I can get the boat on the water :)

In the scheme of things, there aren't that many wires on that model. Wont be that hard to 'ring' out the wiring harness. I can't picture the described connectors but they probably do disconnect. Black should be the ground color. It is entirely possible that someone else has been in there previously.
Clean all of those connections that don't look right. Look at rear of hull to find identification number of vessel and year of manufacture.

In the scheme of things, there aren't that many wires on that model. Wont be that hard to 'ring' out the wiring harness. I can't picture the described connectors but they probably do disconnect. Black should be the ground color. It is entirely possible that someone else has been in there previously.
Clean all of those connections that don't look right. Look at rear of hull to find identification number of vessel and year of manufacture.

unfortunately i cant insert pictures ....

Back