• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Exhaust vs P/S Ram

Redboat

Looking at external P/S system for my 1989 Senator 7.4 liter Bravo 1.

Because of the setup of it , the exhaust outlet will dump right on the ram . Maybe 6" or 7" away . Hard to get an accurate measurement because it's stored for the winter . Could be a little farther away , maybe . Concerned about heat even though it's a wet exhaust .

Brian
Redboat

I think you'll be totally fine. I know when I had wet exhaust, the water was never to hot to hold your hand in. Plus, when you are actually running down the lake, there is more water pressure and more exhaust flow, so the water coming out of your tips will be blowing way past the rams. Also, you should run a power steering cooler anyways, so that will fix any doubts about the fluid getting too hot.

I think you'll be totally fine. I know when I had wet exhaust, the water was never to hot to hold your hand in. Plus, when you are actually running down the lake, there is more water pressure and more exhaust flow, so the water coming out of your tips will be blowing way past the rams. Also, you should run a power steering cooler anyways, so that will fix any doubts about the fluid getting too hot.

Yeah, what he ^^^ said.

Back