• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

For sale 2008 21 ft. Pulsare BR 300 merc xs

free radical

Mint condition. very fast, reliable, orange flame Check. Custom Factory paint and flame interior. Orange bezel gauges, Merc smart craft computer, ss prop,
matching fold tongue trailer, hydraulic steering and jack plate, Clarion marine audio six speaker sound. Carpet over rubber. Retractable cleats. Dual docking lights. One of a kind custom factory Checkmate. $39,500 OBO. Pics available from ctowsley@sympatico.ca

Last edited:
New price 37,500 Canadian and I will split the shipping costs. Boat is gorgeous but must sell for personal reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. I have not seen this boat. Hot Daddy must be missing that beauty.I have only been a member here a little over a year. John you should just buy it since its already in da Canada eh. A great match to your dads boat. Sweet.

FR, your boat has always been the best looking 2100 out there in my opinion! Good luck on the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarity

Let's see if we can shed some light on this Canadian Tax issue WRT importing a vehicle into Canada...

When you import a vehicle into Canada, the taxes you pay vary depending on the Province of Importation.

GST = General Sales Tax - levied by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)

PST = Provincial Sales Tax - levied by the Province in question (eg Ontario Ministry of Revenue)

HST = Harmonized Sales Tax - a combination of GST and PST harmonized into ONE tax - levied by CRA.

Depending on the province, retail sales are subject to EITHER GST and PST OR HST only.

Prior to July 1, 2010, Ontarians paid 5% GST and 8% PST on retail purchases. On July 1, 2010, Ontario adopted the HST so now we pay 13% HST on retail purchases (5% of this is the Federal portion; 8% of this is the Provincial portion)

When you import a boat from the US, Canada Border Services Agency:
1. Converts the selling price from $USD to $CAD using the exchange rate in effect that day
2. Collects the GST or Federal Portion of HST owing based on the $CAD amount
3. Depending of Point of Importation (Border Crossing) may collect the Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) fee of $195 + GST OR HST. This is for the Boat Trailer admissibility.

When you Register the Boat, you will pay any PST or Provincial Portion of HST owing based on the Boat/Motor portion of the $CAD amount.

When you Register the Trailer, you will pay any PST or Provincial Portion of HST owing based on the Trailer portion of the $CAD amount. You will also pay Licensing and Registration Fees which are also subject to GST/PST or HST.

For Alberta Residents, GST = 5%; PST = 0%.
For Saskatchewan Residents, GST = 5%; PST = 5%
For Ontario Residents, HST = 13% (5% Federal and 8% Provincial as mentioned)

The $5,200 Free Radical (an Ontarian) paid in taxes indicates a base amount of $40,000 ($5,200/13%). So, for whatever reason, CBSA established a $CAD value of goods and services of $40K. Not quite sure how they would arrive at this number. It would include shipping fees and exchange rate on all $USD amounts.

On the same $40K CAD boat, an Albertan would pay only $2,000 (5% GST; 0% PST) tax and a Saskatchewanian? would pay $4,000 (5% GST; 5% PST) tax.

I Also Agree

We are overtaxed, no doubt about it, but buying in the US and importing is FAR cheaper than buying in Canada.

When we purchased our 2100 BR/250 ProXS, the Ontario dealer wanted $60K Plus!!! Over $25K of that was for the outboard, alone!

Just note that Canadian tax on $40K << than Canadian tax on $60K!

Off topic. Was it hard to find someone that would insure a 21 W/300hp. here in Canada.
I really had to shop to find insurance for my 21 w/250hp.
Best i could get was 800.$taxes in for full coverage.

G'day

yes it was a bit of a problem but I......not unlike Yourself went recon and found a carrier. Pay about the same as You. I had been with the same carrier for over 25 years and two boats but they would'nt carry the 300. I have had worse luck getting a manual for it. I still don't have one and called Fond du Lac.....again,this week...... the girl could'nt come up with a serial # for it and then said She would call back. This was last Wed......no call.

What's the top speed (gps)?

Where do I find information on how to import (registration requirement, taxes, etc.) a boat into the US?

Saw this Check for the first time today out of storage. I am going to get it in the water and verify its operating condition. Honestly I don't think I have gotten 70 MPH out of it. It needs a 28P to reach top speed and its got a 24
trophy plus. Needs a 28P Turbo apparently.

I've rigged three 21 closed deck that all run 96-98 on Gps. I had one 21BR that I only ran once at 93 mph.

Back